Grainy and Blurry Ezviz camera

klerg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I have an Ezviz Ezguard outdoor bullet Camera and image quality looks very grainy and blurry (see attached image). What is wrong, and any way to fix it or is some hardware issue ?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Get a better camera :lmao:

For starters it looks like the IR filter is stuck. That could be whacking out everything. Give it a few good whacks and see if you can get it unstuck.

Last edited:

klerg

n3wb
Reaction score
I will when am able to afford one

But how did the IR filter get stuck in first place? Yes looks like it messes up the image pretty badly here. Where do I whack it at? This is an Ezviz C3W Ezguard btw

Yea it looks to me like the IR filter is done for, The warranty is over for this camera

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello

I have an Ezviz Ezguard outdoor bullet Camera and image quality looks very grainy and blurry (see attached image). What is wrong, and any way to fix it or is some hardware issue ?

Thanks in advance

FYI - looks like this model ..

1660703522182.png

1660703543118.png
1660703564528.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They can get stuck from time to time, even the high end ones. It could be a temperature extreme, miniscule piece of dust that is caught in the spring, or it just wore out.

Folks using just start banging on it on the top, bottom, and sides until it moves.

I have had some stuck before. A few bangs usually gets it going. Or a power cycle of the camera (unplug it and plug back in).

klerg

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes that is the exact camera pretty much

I see so just a bad case of luck is what we gotta deal with. Where I live the temperature is hardly extreme but it is humid so there's that, I bet something is stuck inside it, hope is not worn out.

How hard should I be banging it on the top, bottom, and sides to not damage anything else?

Yes first time for me and maybe I get lucky and it works. Why not open it up and find out what is in the IR Filter? I power cycled it many times already but no dice

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can pound on the camera pretty hard and it will be fine. Since it is a crappy image now, you don't have anything really to lose by banging the crap out of it LOL.

You can try opening it up, but they are delicate and your would probably break it, or it may be sealed as part of the sensor unit.

klerg

n3wb
Reaction score
Yea I mean the outer shell is pretty tough so no big deal then. Yup is almost useless at this point it had a nice image quality back when it worked so will start banging it soon for sure.

I'm surprised this bullet camera is fairly easy to open up, I will post some pictures of the inside of this camera to see what is going if can be fixed.