Good software for recordings directly to laptop

inw

n3wb
Reaction score
It is plugged into a power outlet, that is all for now.

How can I check to see if WINPCAP is installed? Is that another program, or some sort of driver?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is plugged into a power outlet, that is all for now.

How can I check to see if WINPCAP is installed? Is that another program, or some sort of driver?
it installs with sadp...if you are using windows 8 or 10, install try installing sadp in win 7 compatibility mode..
Also, this might be obvious, but is the camera also plugged into your router?

inw

n3wb
Reaction score
No actually, I thought these were wireless. I would have to buy an ethernet cable and find a way to hide it otherwise.

Do I have to plug it in or is this just for testing purposes?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No actually, I thought these were wireless. I would have to buy an ethernet cable and find a way to hide it otherwise.

Do I have to plug it in or is this just for testing purposes?
You need to plug it in for setup..there is no way the camera could connect to your wireless network if you dont first connect it wirelessly, set it up and give it your wireless network credentials.

inw

n3wb
Reaction score
Got the ethernet cable and plugged it in today but it still doesn't work. The power light is solid blue and the "link" light blinks yellow every now and then.

The ethernet cable goes from camera to router. Router is not not connected to my computer via cable (it is via wifi).

I am clicking the refresh button in SADP but the screen/list remains blank

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Got the ethernet cable and plugged it in today but it still doesn't work. The power light is solid blue and the "link" light blinks yellow every now and then.

The ethernet cable goes from camera to router. Router is not not connected to my computer via cable (it is via wifi).

I am clicking the refresh button in SADP but the screen/list remains blank
first make sure your computer is connected to the same network as the camera..not a "guest" network or anything like that ...if that doesnt work, try reinstalling sadp and making sure it installs properly.