GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry been away but Hikvision emailed me firmware and mine all working ! Adios amigos
Did you sign an NDA, or are you going to share any details with the many forum members whose gmail from their cameras is broken?

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Alastair
I did not sign anything they sent me the firmarwe for my DVR which had TLS and it worked straight away once i upgraded the firmware. My DVR is DS-7204HGHI-SH if yours is the same I can email you the firmware build 3.3.3. My gmail account works with TLS and smtp port 587. If i can be of any help let me know. I thought many had sorted there cameras due to not much activity on this site!

camipman

n3wb
Reaction score
TLS would be the fix from what I have been experiencing...I have the worst time getting a hold with someone at hikvision to find out what version I need.

Last edited by a moderator:

uid65252

n3wb
Reaction score
After setting up a free account at https://sendgrid.com/pricing/?v=b
setup this configuration worked at mine cameras DS-2CD2032-I Chinese version:

smtp server: smtp.sendgrid.net
smtp port: 587
enable SSL, tick box = off
Authentication, tick box = on
username (sendgrid login)
password (sendgrid loggon)

thanks for users given this information above.
It also worked with SMPT relay service: https://www.smtp2go.com/

DarkSim

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have GMAIL with TLS working again with new firmware on my 4MP r6 camera´s
Also GMX works fine without SSL/TLS.

blah2u

n3wb
Reaction score
horseflesh, did you find a solution? I've tried sendgrid, smtp2go and yandex -- failed on all three.

eltremendo

n3wb
Reaction score
horseflesh, did you find a solution? I've tried sendgrid, smtp2go and yandex -- failed on all three.
me i 2 i got my two nvr working again .
I got it working with yandex email on port 587 no ssl and 465 ssl.
but i noticed i had to play around with the receiving email, i had to use the same yandex email to send the notifications.
laview nvr7000 f.pngLTS YANDEX SETTING .pngScreenshot at Aug 25 09-10-33.png

blah2u

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks eltremendo, looks like you have a LTS... but different one from mine... maybe different firmware... still cant get this to work but thanks for your insight.... my rep said at the end of sept they will have an update to the firmware for my unit LTN8708 (?). i'll keep playing around with it though. thanks.

eltremendo

n3wb
Reaction score
i have the laview and lts. you need to play around for instance try using the same email to received the notification and when you click test see if it fails

blah2u

n3wb
Reaction score
i have the laview and lts. you need to play around for instance try using the same email to received the notification and when you click test see if it fails
thanks, i tried every permutation without any success. but thanks again. any othe LTS users have figured out how to make it work?

David_FL

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks, i tried every permutation without any success. but thanks again. any othe LTS users have figured out how to make it work?
I'm having the same situation here with my LTS nvr , tried everything, every other email provider and no luck

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dédé

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to mention that I know again receive my alerts with my Gmail mailbox. Explanation, I did not put the gmail mail server (smtp.gmail.com) in the configuration of my Hikvision camera BUT mail server of my private internet provider. In Belgium, my ISP is Proximus (www.proximus.be) and mail server is relay.skynet.be. And now I can again receive my alerts. I enclose a picture of my configuration tests. See you soon.

Capture1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Dédé

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Camipman, I wanted to let you know that I receive my alerts with Gmail. In the configuration of my Hikvision camera I put the email server (SMTP) of my internet access provider (Belgium) and not that of Gmaill. I attach the photo. Now everything works again. I wanted to tell you. See you soon

Capture1.JPG