Getting started

OPcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally bought our first house this fall. We were victims of vandalism, so I go a Eufy kit but have since done my homework and am ready for the real deal.
So grateful to have found this forum and the store. Have some cameras coming in this week and look forward to contributing, helping others and posting/asking for help as I go learn how to do POE cams and ALPR. Cheers.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

Welcome to the land of video surveillance lunatics. There's lots of fine folks with tons of experience and knowledge here that are willing to share their expertise. As you've already learned, read, study, ask questions then reformulate what you're going to do before testing to make sure everything is right before spending/wasting time, effort and money.

OPcam

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I think I have a signature now with my rig/specs; some outstanding questions if anyone would be so kind:
  1. What is the typical release cycle on the Amcrest, Dahua etc. cameras -- maybe importantly when are the new "doorbells" coming? Anything pointers to what's new @ CES or a thread on what's announced for 2021 would be awesome. BTW -- the Cliffs Notes thread is great.
  2. For residential indoor cameras -- what are some recommended cameras (wifi not req'd) in addition to the Amcrest 4mp PTZ?
  3. Apart from surveillance -- I have not yet encountered recommendations for cameras expose as a public webstream (e.g. beach/high brightness) but would be grateful if anyone has one!