Gas prices

Reaction score
I miss the good old days when I worked for Exxon and we had a great employee discount. In the parking garages at the offices there were troughs of fuel with scoops. You just pulled up next to one and scooped out fuel and pored it in your tank. You had to supply your own funnel though.
1652811980047.png

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Glad I bought a 2 year supply of offroad diesel last year, when I paid $2.00/gallon for it. I have put off running the farm tractor for field maintenance this year. I'll probably bush hog around 4th of July and then once again in early Fall. That will probably polish off one of the 55 gallon drums.
This makes me weep gently. I pay the equivalent of $2.07 a litre for diesel.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
$4.99 Dallas TX. Dropped 30 cents a gallon in the last two weeks. None of this crap makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have noticed regular gas starting to come down the past week.....on a Holiday weekend, of all time frames. Yes, it makes about as much sense as the white house resident does when he can't read from the teleprompter and goes off script.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
We're at $4.61 at the cheapie stations and $4.69 at the high priced spreads. It has dropped about 10 to 15 cents in the last week.
I am going to top off my tank tomorrow after work. We'll see if premium has come down or if it has gone up. I noticed one station last week, E-85 was advertised $.15/gallon higher than regular gasoline was.....I thought the reason you bought a E-85 burning vehicle was you didn't mind the drastic loss of fuel mileage, because the fuel price was so much cheaper than regular gasoline.....

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Just filled up with premium at my local Exxon (north of Houston TX). Paid $4.79 before employee discount.

Here are my last few fill-ups for Exxon premium:
4/15 $4.29
4/28 $4.29
5/6 $4.49
5/14 $4.59
5/25 $4.79
Wow.... that's no fair! When I topped off last week, best I can remember was E-10 Premium was $5.56 a gallon here in Middle Tennessee. The past few fillups, I switched stations and was running 90 octane non-ethanol. It was about the same price as E-10 Premium and the Audi had a bit more giddy-up-and-go than E-10 93 Premium did and the fuel mileage went up almost 2 miles per gallon. I guess more BTUs in the non-ethanol fuel.