G4 Doorbell Pro. Anyone gonna test it?

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you're high on drugs! i have the hikvision doorbell it's broken piece of crap with interal glare thats make night viewing totally broken. it cant even attempt to hold a candle to the G4 pro.

i justt saw pro sell on ebay for for like $700+ once they go live for $300 if i can snag one i'll totally try it out and report back! sounds like it has REAL PoE and and be setup for RTSP via the ubiq phone app. if this is true i'm buying like 4 of them.
Must be an issue with your unit. As I assume your referring to one of Hikvision Pro models like DS-KB8113-IME1 since we are referring to Ubiquiti's Pro models. Not one of Hikvision's cheap entry models. I install Ubiquiti for most clients since most want something simple and aren't tech Guru's. So they like the fact its closed loop all in one system. In my own setup's I'll stick with Axis, Bosch and Avigilon.

I only made the suggestion of Hikvision as some were complaining about Ubiquiti's business model.

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DS-KB8113-IME1
no thats a newer model than what i have but, this spec states it only has one camera still though

i wrote off/stuck with Blue irris when i saw that you can only use (at the time atleast) ui cameras with ui nvr and vise versa. like you oculd use hikvision cameras with the nvr or ui cameras with blue iris. and i don't fee like switching. also peopel don't want to pay $200-$400 per camera

if i had known about that Hikvision i might have bought one. i ussualy do a search for poe doorbells twice a year. i'l lcheck out YT reviews

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just pop off the inside trim of the door, drill through and route the wire down to the basement/crawlspace/floor level. Re-nail, putty, sand and paint the trim.
I live in Florida and my exterior walls are concrete block. My doorbell wiring, which at the moment is CAT6, runs though conduit from the attic down through the center of the concrete block and out a hole in the block and stucco behind the doorbell. Kind of makes things a little more difficult... To top that off I have 10' ceilings... By the way, what is a basement?

I'm sure I can find some kind of USB-C male to USB-C female cable long enough as long as it will fit through the conduit

Last edited:

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah since the wall inside the house isn't sheetrocked yet thinking of coiling up the poe adapter and and leaving it the wall, i dropped a cat6a with metal keystone in the wall. i'd have to take 4" wholesaw to the wall to ever get it back out. again though. the cord on the poe usb c adapter does not look shot, looks like the intend it to stay in the attic or basement and the usb c portion goes in the wall. also kind of odd or pointless for those who put the cat cable in the wall already but i knew osme sort of break out cable was inevitable. i guess at least they made a long ass cable for those without a cable in the wall already.

yeah those adapters might melt in attics unless its some tough super quality unit

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
  • The G4 Doorbell Pro PoE Adapter (UACC Adapter DBPOE) is a two-meter-long power accessory that connects the G4 Doorbell Pro to a 802.3af PoE source instead of existing electrical wiring. This adapter also provides Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to optimize the G4 Doorbell Pro's responsiveness and performance.
    Features:
    • Connects the G4 Doorbell Pro to a 802.3af PoE source
    • Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
    • Two-meter USB-C Cable length (6.5 ft)
Gigabit Ethernet connectivity sounds like a wired connection to me. What am I missing?

The only problem I see is the 6.5 ft length. Not everyone has lives in a shoe box. I'm pretty sure my ceilings are going to be too high for that and I'm not about to drill a hole straight through the wall.
Wonder if you could use a USB-C extension cable to get the adapter part inside another space if needed. Most homes one could either go into basement, crawlspace or attic and drill through header or base plate and run a network run to Doorbell and put adapter in cavity of wall. Those with solid walls but can get a network cable could 3D print an enclosure to hold the Doorbell and adapter.

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i just saw ONLY poe adapter show as sold on ebay for $240 USD. i wonder if it's installers trying to meet deadlines. we have a wait before the g4 pro is retailed at msrp

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
So the EUFY "g4 pro" clone is out for order

Not sure if we need to start a new thread, but there seems problems with latency and wifi
also battery powered (urgh)

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i bet that garbage is is still garbage wifi, and not poe, checking out now

EDIT: yup, no poe

Last edited:

BikerPilot

n3wb
Reaction score
now that Eufy Dual has a wired version out, I'm hoping someone with the tech knowhow will find a way to connect it to blue iris as a 24/7 option. In my neighborhood cameras mounted as low as a doorbell cam risk getting taken. Mine are just out of reach. I've been looking forward to this dual coming out but am now building a BI system and would love to incorporate the Eufy Dual. (my old Eufy 2k crapped out and I returned it under warranty)

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
now that Eufy Dual has a wired version out, I'm hoping someone with the tech knowhow will find a way to connect it to blue iris as a 24/7 option. In my neighborhood cameras mounted as low as a doorbell cam risk getting taken. Mine are just out of reach. I've been looking forward to this dual coming out but am now building a BI system and would love to incorporate the Eufy Dual. (my old Eufy 2k crapped out and I returned it under warranty)
wired what? doorbell wires or ethernet? have a link to the model?

Reaction score
The g4 camera is great, still a little behind when it comes to notifications but it’s 3 secs behind maybe. The 240$ eBay listing for the adapter is cause it’s in early release state. Meaning it’s in development and they issued a small number for users to test. Now we wait for the wider release or for them to abandon the adapter. It’s 40$ on their site sold out. Don’t be dumb. But unifi has been great and without a subscription cost that still allows notifications. Can use a laptop or pc to run the system or buy a console, it’s a rabbit hole but you get better wifi ❤❤

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
EA does not mean it's that exclusive, you got scalped, but the scalpers use bots to buy up all the stock. if you use your own bought and check the ia gree box you can join the EA program like everyoneelse but, you'll need your own bot to have a chacne to buy it

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So the EUFY "g4 pro" clone is out for order

Not sure if we need to start a new thread, but there seems problems with latency and wifi
also battery powered (urgh)
Clone? Where is NFC? Where is fingerprint scanner? Where is down light? So many questions :D

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Native Poe version with Poe chime just released

Not sure why the package camera is higher res than the mail camera though.

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We need the FUTO corp to find some young engineer to build an open source g4 pro competitor based on an r pi nano or a beagle bone so we can have Poe and rtsp for universal nvr. God this world is on fire. Everyone gurbitn adm grabbing for market share and forced closed APIs.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
  • The G4 Doorbell Pro PoE Adapter (UACC Adapter DBPOE) is a two-meter-long power accessory that connects the G4 Doorbell Pro to a 802.3af PoE source instead of existing electrical wiring. This adapter also provides Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to optimize the G4 Doorbell Pro's responsiveness and performance.
    Features:
    • Connects the G4 Doorbell Pro to a 802.3af PoE source
    • Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
    • Two-meter USB-C Cable length (6.5 ft)
Gigabit Ethernet connectivity sounds like a wired connection to me. What am I missing?

The only problem I see is the 6.5 ft length. Not everyone has lives in a shoe box. I'm pretty sure my ceilings are going to be too high for that and I'm not about to drill a hole straight through the wall.
In late 2023, Ubiquiti now offers both a Wi-Fi/traditional transformer and an ethernet/PoE version of the G4 Doorbell Pro.