Funny / Satire

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
$700????? Wow, you can make that as a bumper sticker for for $4.28 plus shipping on Vistaprint...
I hear ya. But what struck me when I first read this (last year?) is this:
  • Young man
  • A $85,000 '22 Ford F250 Super Duty King Ranch (top package), 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel (2 exhaust tips at right rear tire),
  • A $300 B&W trailer hitch
  • $700 ad valorem tax and tag fee
Based on the above monetary facts:
  • Either he has a REALLY well-paying job or he works more than 1 job
  • May also still live with parents in spite of the above job situtation
  • Is VERY likely single
:lmao:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hah! Every time I see the price of new cars, I think back to buying my first house. 3 bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, rec room, one car garage... $23,000. How times have changed...
Me too, our latest car cost as much as my second house, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, one story, two car garage, 1,600 sqft., $33k bought in 1990, built 1980

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Me too, our latest car cost as much as my second house, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, one story, two car garage, 1,600 sqft., $33k bought in 1990, built 1980
Similar house size for me in N. CA's Silicon Valley: paid $57K in '76, sold for $589K in '03.....no telling what they want for it now. :facepalm:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hah! Every time I see the price of new cars, I think back to buying my first house. 3 bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, rec room, one car garage... $23,000. How times have changed...
Yep. But as you know, it's relative in that gas was $.25/gallon and minimum wage was $1.25 so.....
In late '68 I paid right at $3,400 for a new '69 Ford Tornio 428 CobraJet.
A year later, sold it and bought a new '69 Boss 302 Mustang for...get this.....$4,400. :facepalm:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
They have cut out the lower paying jobs like bath room attendants, door openers, I understand
that they might be at the bottom but, they were public service jobs. All were sacrificed in the name of their master's god (small G), PROFIT.

A great example was the UAW contract signed in 2007. If one is familiar with some of the terms, like no pay raise in order
to save the company! Just a reminder.

Is it any wonder why they wanted a bigger slice of a nonexistent pie or crumbs that fall off their master's table???
The price of autos doubled in that time alone.

The old modified saying that the rich get richer, while the poor find another way to survive is now truer than ever before.
Soon the BOHICA moment will prevail!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They have cut out the lower paying jobs like bath room attendants, door openers, I understand
that they might be at the bottom but, they were public service jobs. All were sacrificed in the name of their master's god (small G), PROFIT.

A great example was the UAW contract signed in 2007. If one is familiar with some of the terms, like no pay raise in order
to save the company! Just a reminder.

Is it any wonder why they wanted a bigger slice of a nonexistent pie or crumbs that fall off their master's table???
The price of autos doubled in that time alone.

The old modified saying that the rich get richer, while the poor find another way to survive is now truer than ever before.
Soon the BOHICA moment will prevail!
Heard GM is doing major stock buy backs and paying dividends now ..

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Back in the early 90's I was offered a position up Silicon Valley in the $80K-90K. Living in
Orange County CA., it would have been great! I laughed at the recruiter and remarked I would
not qualify for food stamps to live up there with that low of pay! He said they would snag some
idiot to go up there for that much.

"Escape from LA" is real.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Back in the early 90's I was offered a position up Silicon Valley in the $80K-90K. Living in
Orange County CA., it would have been great! I laughed at the recruiter and remarked I would
not qualify for food stamps to live up there with that low of pay! He said they would snag some
idiot to go up there for that much.

"Escape from LA" is real.
That game is still going on .. typically from Indian Outsourcing / In country recruiters who need to prove to the US Government that no American would do that job ( at that price point ) .. and instead they get a H1B / L1 visa holder to do that job for super cheap, while the consulting ( TATAs for example ) company rakes in the lion's share .. this is the game to reduce the tech jobs for Americans .. seen this game many times ..

1701382464521.png

Last edited:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
What are all these people gonna do when they get laid off from the fast food joints? They just had to have $15.00- $20.00 an hour for a college kid job, saying: You want fries wid dat? The mass rollout of automated kitchens is coming fast, thanks to that push. There will be a mass layoff of uneducated, no talent or skillset people that are going to want to suck on the government tit for the rest of their days, as they have no other qualifications nor work ethic to learn a new skill to get any other type of work. They can have my job in another two years.....no they can't, my job requires you to able to read and write, it doesn't have a cash register that shows them pictures of how many nickels, dimes and quarters they need to give back.....

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Stumbled across this a few minutes ago and found it amusing...people can be pretty creative when they want to.
Hmmm..... @bigredfish lives in FL..... I wonder....:lmao:

Guy in Florida got a plate that said "tastee" which got approved. After approval, someone noticed that he had Manatee plates. PETA got involved. He refused to turn them back in until someone found that there is a law in Florida that it is illegal to intentionally outsmart a government official. He turned them back in instead of facing charges. I could not find the story after a quick google search and my recollection might be vague but even tame plates can be problems in Floriduh!

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Guy in Florida got a plate that said "tastee" which got approved. After approval, someone noticed that he had Manatee plates. PETA got involved. He refused to turn them back in until someone found that there is a law in Florida that it is illegal to intentionally outsmart a government official. He turned them back in instead of facing charges. I could not find the story after a quick google search and my recollection might be vague but even tame plates can be problems in Floriduh!
Jeez...That reminds me of the guy who reported that the timing for a traffic light was incorrect and backed it up with data. He put in the email or letter that he was an electrical engineer (It's kinda relevant that the guy had the mathematics background to be making the claim...). Well, he had an engineering degree but wasn't registered as a "Professional Engineer" with the state board. So, they went after him for that instead of fixing the traffic light...Typical...

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Jeez...That reminds me of the guy who reported that the timing for a traffic light was incorrect and backed it up with data. He put in the email or letter that he was an electrical engineer (It's kinda relevant that the guy had the mathematics background to be making the claim...). Well, he had an engineering degree but wasn't registered as a "Professional Engineer" with the state board. So, they went after him for that instead of fixing the traffic light...Typical...
In Lakeland Florida, the city controls guy that did the lights called them in after hours and since it was a safety issue, he got an overtime callout to fix the issue. He got fired and arrested for stealing from the city!