Funny / Satire

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Easy...the sum of the amount spent is ALWAYS deducted from the original amount to determine the remaining balance.....adding the incremental balance after a spent amount is NOT the way it's done. It should be like an old-fashioned checkbook register.

Not sure why anyone would think the sum of the 2 columns are supposed to jive....:idk:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Easy...the sum of the amount spent is ALWAYS deducted from the original amount to determine the remaining balance.....adding the incremental balance after a spent amount is NOT the way it's done. It should be like an old-fashioned checkbook register.

Not sure why anyone would think the sum of the 2 columns are supposed to jive....:idk:
Yeah it was just the numbers they used to fool us in the Balance column. My father always taught me Debit/Credit on everything...no he was not an Accountant but thought like one...it sure helped me in life, my rule is don't use a credit card if you don't have the cash. Only a few times I broke this rule when I was young, Mortgage and Vehicle Loans...