Funny / Satire

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My first was after the service. Triumph GT6+, put in a racing clutch and had to replace the gear for 2nd twice. My dad worked for a Ford Subsidiary and absolutely hated that HIS son didn't have a Ford. He finally convinced me to sell it and replaced it with a Ford Pinto. That POC car wasn't painted Lemon Yellow for nothing. To this day, I regret selling that Triumph. It was a FUN car...
LOL I know how your dad feels. I have worked as an automotive technician in Ford dealership service departments for over 40 years. All of my immediate family members drive Fords. It just makes sense. They get my employee discount when buying the vehicle, then get VIP service if they need repairs or maintenance.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
"IF"???? I thought you were talking about Fords??? :p :p:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Depends on the product line. I had a new 14 Ford Escape. Piece of junk. Sold it to my daughter cause she liked it. She now thinks it's a piece of junk.
I have a 09 F250 SD with almost 200K miles and all I have done is oil changes, tires, 1 set of brakes and sparkplugs. Thing never misses a beat.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My wife's brother and sister both worked at Ford. Always recommend family buys Fords, yet have their vehicles in the shop way too often. They convinced another sister to buy one (an Escape) and she finally gave up and sold it for the same reason. They were mad that we bought our Honda back in 2009 (like, how DARE we??). We have 113k miles on it. It's had the 2 recalls (the airbag one that just about everyone had recalled and a bracket added just recently), front brakes at just over 80k, and a battery this past winter. Aside from that, only the normal oil changes. I get that everyone has their own horror/great stories, but I just go by my own. ;)

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Depends on the product line. I had a new 14 Ford Escape. Piece of junk. Sold it to my daughter cause she liked it. She now thinks it's a piece of junk.
I have a 09 F250 SD with almost 200K miles and all I have done is oil changes, tires, 1 set of brakes and sparkplugs. Thing never misses a beat.
My daughter has a 2014 Escape with about 120K on the odometer. It has had it's share of problems, but all were taken care of by me and her Ford ESP extended warranty policy.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I get that everyone has their own horror/great stories, but I just go by my own. ;)
Same here.
Owned nothing BUT Fords since 1964.
Never been stranded one single time (unless you count 2 flat tires but put on the spare)...this includes four 2,800 mile trips coast-to-coast across the U.S. with the following 4 Fords:
1) '72 Mercury Comet GT (ok, it's a Ford cousin) with 302 V8 with automatic, pulled 5x8 U-Haul
2) '74 Ford F-100
3) '96 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6/5 speed
4) '99 Ford Ranger 4.0L V6, automatic...kept 22 years/188K miles, gave it to a 20 year old to start his landscape business last year.