Funny / Satire

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When my Mom went to a Memory Care unit my wife and I with my Mom were sitting out in the lobby, which is more of a hallway in front of all the rooms. A lady came out of her room and asked why were were in her Livingroom :)

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
The Pinto got a bad rap compliments of a California court. 2 Women stopped
their Pinto in the #1 lane (fast lane) on the down hill grade of the Grapevine!
The typical speed of 80ish++ was not unheard of.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My first car was a 1974 Ford Pinto station wagon for $900.
Mt first car was a year old Pinto $1,200, father found it, I saved up $800, at $33 a week washing dishes after school at a Chinese restaurant, $2 an hour (minimum wage), free dinners :), parents gave me the other $400 for first car, only had it two weeks, a drunk driver totaled it. Then I went out on my own, got a 1971 Lemans, nice right?, haha, it almost fell apart on me, even had to replace an A-frame, what a job, my father only instructed and watched me, haha, The Lemans did not last long, tranny was going out and it had other problems (when I sold it to a friend the starter went out the next day, I split the cost with him and installed it for him). Funny but he was as dumb as me when I bought it, his Dad kept saying are you sure son, haha. The Lemans looked good but that was it.
Ok finally to my third car another Pinto, a 1977 Pinto station wagon...the wagon turned out to be a great ride, could get 3-4 guys/girls in the back :)...Ended up repainting and removing the decals, sold it to a friend...finally had to sell it and get a 3/4 ton van for work...no more playing around :(, had to get a serious job...Roto Rooter :)

1683454486934.jpeg

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine was a 1968 VW Bug for $300. It was flat black but I put a coat of wax on it and it shined up nicely. Sold it a few years later for $500.

View attachment 162126
Put a few miles on my ex-father-in-law's '68 Beetle, it had the 2 speed automatic....just touch the floor shift and it would disengage the clutch so you could move it to the other gear, up or down. It was quite the slug with 4 wheels, unlike the typical manual transmission VeeDubs.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mt first car was a year old Pinto $1,200, father found it, I saved up $800, at $33 a week washing dishes after school at a Chinese restaurant, $2 an hour (minimum wage), free dinners :), parents gave me the other $400 for first car, only had it two weeks, a drunk driver totaled it. Then I went out on my own, got a 1971 Lemans, nice right?, haha, it almost fell apart on me, even had to replace an A-frame, what a job, my father only instructed and watched me, haha, The Lemans did not last long, tranny was going out and it had other problems (when I sold it to a friend the starter went out the next day, I split the cost with him and installed it for him). Funny but he was as dumb as me when I bought it, his Dad kept saying are you sure son, haha. The Lemans looked good but that was it.
Ok finally to my third car another Pinto, a 1977 Pinto station wagon...the wagon turned out to be a great ride, could get 3-4 guys/girls in the back :)...Ended up repainting and removing the decals, sold it to a friend...finally had to sell it and get a 3/4 ton van for work...no more playing around :(, had to get a serious job...Roto Rooter :)

View attachment 162133
My first car was a 10 year old 1954 Ford Victoria. It was dark ivy green with a white top. Mighty 239 V-8 (not a flathead, first year of Ford's OHV V8), three-on-the-tree manual shift on a H-U-G-E white steering wheel.

54Ford.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Put a few miles on my ex-father-in-law's '68 Beetle, it had the 2 speed automatic....just touch the floor shift and it would disengage the clutch so you could move it to the other gear, up or down. It was quite the slug with 4 wheels, unlike the typical manual transmission VeeDubs.
With the Air Cooled Engine, always wanted to build a home built aircraft with that engine...

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, I had a 69 VW Beetle with the "dogomatic" trans. Was a fun car until I ran it up under a jacked up Nova........

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My first was after the service. Triumph GT6+, put in a racing clutch and had to replace the gear for 2nd twice. My dad worked for a Ford Subsidiary and absolutely hated that HIS son didn't have a Ford. He finally convinced me to sell it and replaced it with a Ford Pinto. That POC car wasn't painted Lemon Yellow for nothing. To this day, I regret selling that Triumph. It was a FUN car...