Full HD 1080p DVR Recommendations -- Yes DVR, not NVR

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im phasing out the DVR for IP cams
So I'm revisiting the subject and ordered the refurbed Amcrest. Then it dawned on me, maybe you wanted to sell yours?

I actually got the ZOSI unit to talk to BI, but only at 7fps for1080p even though VLC was telling me it was streaming at 29. Got tired of scratching my head over it and bit the bullet for the Amcrest. I just hope it does 30fps for more than a couple 2MP cams before throttling back as more are added.

On a completely different note, Amazon has these Veezoom cams on sale for $34.49 right now. Saw a guy on YouTube talking about em in favor of his 5MP Amcrests awhile back. I bought one just to kick the tires and have been fairly impressed -- especially at the price. Just ordered another one to replace a Reolink 410 for the improvement in night vision alone. Not sure if they've been discussed much here, but if you have 35 bux to spare, you may be surprised at one of these things.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine is still running 3 cams until i finish building out the Ip system.....And I kinda promised it to my buddies business shop....
So sorry ....I hope the refurb cuts the mustard for you.....Should be fine.....Probably an open box return that somebody couldn't figure out how to operate.

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The DV8M8 arrived yesterday. Nice clean unit. Wonderful feature set. Cool and sensible interface. Tremendous functionality. Does what I want and then some. I'll probably even use it for a certain level of BI redundancy on a couple IP cams -- or at least see how it works for that. Overall I'm delighted.

Again, I appreciate the heads up and info about yours. Thanks, mang.