formula for adequate specs on recording server

tallmikee

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy, got a setup with about 27 hikvision cameras set to record when motion is sensed. They are quite high res. Anyone have a formula or recommendation for specs that are adequate for handling that much? It's currently running on a 4th Gen i7, and that CPU is ALWAYS maxed out. The software we're running is Blue Iris. Thanks in advance. Recommendations and questions welcome.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Howdy, got a setup with about 27 hikvision cameras set to record when motion is sensed. They are quite high res. Anyone have a formula or recommendation for specs that are adequate for handling that much? It's currently running on a 4th Gen i7, and that CPU is ALWAYS maxed out. The software we're running is Blue Iris. Thanks in advance. Recommendations and questions welcome.
Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
that's not gonna help his situation.
of course it will.......you can easily run 27 cameras on an i7-haswell if you use the appropriate resolutions, frame rates and follow the guidelines in the wiki...you dont even know what cameras he has...seems like you are not familiar with blue iris...

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OP, make sure you are viewing on a local monitor, using remote viewing software like teamviewer will add tons of overhead...you will need to get specific and explain what EXACT processor you have as well as the resolutions and frame rates you are running..