Flash Annke OEM HikVision NVR with genuine firmware?

dabbler

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe im best sticking wit the 5mp turret system then... decisions.. decisons... Ill ask the supplier for documentation to tweak the motion sensing - if i can lower the false alerts it would be fine..

dabbler

n3wb
Reaction score
A friend has just told me they have the "other" Annke system - tommorow i going to borrow one of the cameras and the NVR and do some comparissons. Ill post back with my findings. It would be great to not have to send this back, hopefully the 2mp one wont be as good and ill then be happy!

FYI, he is a sample of the night vision from the 5mp camera in a back garden with no lighting from the house or outside lighting. And one in the front which has a bit of overcast light from a nearby street light I think it looks good, but i have nothing (except a very old 960h analogue system) to compare to.

What do you think of the quality?

back.jpg
front.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
These pictures look quite good, a good amount of detail.
But what is important is whether there is much motion blur on movement.
Its easy enough to create a good static image, with a slow exposure. But less easy to do the same when there is movement.

Your comparison with the 2MP camera will be interesting, that's a good opportunity.

zen200

n3wb
Reaction score
What was the outcome on this?

Did you sort the detection out with firmware upgrade or was the other camera better or did you give up and send it back ?