Firmware v 5.6.xxx for HikVision DS-2CD1143G0-I

chribonn

n3wb
Reaction score
Would anyone have the v 5.6 firmware for the above HikVision IP Cameras please?

HikVision's site only seems to carry the v 5.7 yet when I tried to upgrade I get the "Failed to get the upgrading progress. " error.

I am on v 5.5 and if I can get hold of v5.6 at least I would upgrade one notch.

Thanks.

Cami

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if you know or not but they are E8 Series cameras and not GO series. I can’t find 5.6 but here is a link to the correct 5.7 firmware. Use the IPCE_R zip. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

chribonn

n3wb
Reaction score
Download Capture.PNG

Sadly both firmwares failed.

I don't fully comprehend how a firmware for a camera would fail.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Silly question. I presume your extracting the zip file then just utilising the correct "bin" file for the update?

chribonn

n3wb
Reaction score
Silly question. I presume your extracting the zip file then just utilising the correct "bin" file for the update?
I extracted the zip file: yes.

Correct bin file: I don't understand.

I am using iVMS 3.9.1.4 because I could not find version 3.10 -- the hikvision site link points to a file does not exist. Besides this camera (DS-2CD1143G0-I) I also have another hikvision (DS-2CD2347G2-LU) which I upgraded using this software by extracting the zip into a folder with the same name and using the update firmware option.

chribonn

n3wb
Reaction score
I extracted the zip file: yes.

Correct bin file: I don't understand.

I am using iVMS 3.9.1.4 because I could not find version 3.10 -- the hikvision site link points to a file does not exist. Besides this camera (DS-2CD1143G0-I) I also have another hikvision (DS-2CD2347G2-LU) which I upgraded using this software by extracting the zip into a folder with the same name and using the update firmware option.

Cami

n3wb
Reaction score
I don’t understand why you say 5.7 doesn’t exist in the link I gave you? Disconnect your camera and your computer from the network and connect computer directly to your camera through Ethernet cable and I can’t see why it would be any trouble.

Attachments

chribonn

n3wb
Reaction score
I don’t understand why you say 5.7 doesn’t exist in the link I gave you? Disconnect your camera and your computer from the network and connect computer directly to your camera through Ethernet cable and I can’t see why it would be any trouble.
You're right I got the version wrong.

Camera is on 5.5. 5.6 does not exist and 5.7 does not work.

chribonn

n3wb
Reaction score
These are 5.5 versions.

The link at DS-2CD1143G0-I displays a 5.7 version that does not work. Baffles me that a company like Hikvision are so confused on this front. It really does not take that much effort.

Maybe there eventually sort themselves out and are able to provide a level of support that is better.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The link at DS-2CD1143G0-I displays a 5.7 version that does not work.
That's for the (C) hardware variant.
Over the past several years there have been significant semiconductor supply chain problems, resulting in hardware variants of many models, which have required corresponding variants of the associated firmware.
It's a hard-to-spot subtlety that can be quite confusing.