Firmware issue - failed and now struggling to recover

jonwarby

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I would appreciate some help if possible as I am getting a bit lost.
I have a DS-2CD2632F-IS
It was running version 5.25 Firmware

I tried to upgrade it to version: V5.3.0 build 150814 from http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/V5.3.0 build 150814(new)/

The camera was purchased from chinea but I saw a post that said to telnet to the device run a command and check the language number to see if it was an english or chinese model. It was reporting english so thought it would be safe.

After that it went into a boot loop.

After reading the forums I got the TFTP server software and found a 5.25 firmware file that I think is the correct one. The camera found the server and uploaded the file.

Now the camera seems to not boot loop any more but I am unable to connect to it.

Using SADP it sees the camera now with an ip on 192.168.1.64 and I can ping it but I cant connect via a browser or SSH

Im not 100% sure that I do have the right firmware. Does anyone have any suggestion please as to what to try next or where to get the correct firmware from for this camera and if I do get the firware how to load it as the TFTP server now shows the camera checking in but it wont re-load the firmware any more.

jonwarby

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. No luck on port 81
SADP reports the software version as v4.0.8 if thats of any use

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a factory reset button that DS-2CD2632F-IS?

To reset the default parameters to the camera, you need to press and hold the RESET button and power on the camera. After the power on of the camera, you must still press and hold the Reset button for about 20 seconds.

jonwarby

n3wb
Reaction score
Well there you go Warby...there is no country called "Chinea" on planet Earth...you were duped!
Doh.. it is quite late here in the UK and brain is a bit fried. Will have to wait till tomorrow to get up a ladder to hit the reset
using 2.2.1.1 and 3.0.0

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We'll get you all fixed up. I don't have much experience but there are Wizards here who will definitely be able to help you out. Someone will be along soon with the answer. If you can do the hardware reset I'd try that for sure. Sleep tight bro.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
...Using SADP it sees the camera now with an ip on 192.168.1.64 and I can ping it but I cant connect via a browser or SSH
What is your local IP network set to? If your network is not on the same subnet (192.168.1.0/24), you will need to change the camera IP address to one in your network (ex. 192.168.0.64) and then you should be able to access it.

jonwarby

n3wb
Reaction score
Local IP currently is 192.168.1.100 so I can talk to the camera.

I can ping the camera so I dont think its network connectivity. If I telnet on port 8000 I get a response. IVMS can see the camera, if I put in an invalid username and password it tells me. If I put in the correct username and password it comes up with an error that its not supported.
I cant get into the web page and I cant telent on port 80 and get any response.

I would like to try to start from a know working firmware if thats possible for this camera the middle part of serial use to be CCCH. I've just noticed that its currently showing CCRR. Could anyone suggest a good 5.25 firmware for this camera I could try please and then hopefully I can get it to try and load it again.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SADP reports the software version as v4.0.8 if thats of any use
That's the so-called 'Min-system' recovery mode that the camera reverts to when incompatible firmware has been loaded. It has no web services running.
And 192.168.1.64 is the new default IP address for that camera.
If you look carefully at the serial number as seen via SADP, you will likely see 'Min-system' embedded in it.

What you need is the correct firmware.

The firmware at the link you supplied should have worked - but maybe try an earlier version from the same point.
But I suspect the camera has reverted to its Region=2 and does not like the EU firmware.

Alternatively the 5.2.0 version from here, http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/download_89_p3.html - it lists your camera as supported.
And there is always the downgrader here: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English
And the Chinese version for the Chinese camera (CCCH) here: http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/download_more_714.html If that brings it back - then the 'downgrader' above should bring it back to English.

Good luck!

jonwarby

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, much appreciated. I will try that. I just found out the following

2. A Chinese version that has been adapted (hacked) one-time to have English menus. This will have "CCCH" in the serial number. It will work now in English but if you try to update the firmware, you will need to do so with a Chinese language version which means it will revert to Chinese.

I'll give it a go trying to get the chinese firmware on so at least its working then try to change it back to english.

jonwarby

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is happy to accept all the different versions of firmware that I throw at it but I still cant connect to it. Dont seem to be having much luck

On the label on the camera it suggests that it should be running

5.3 Chinese firmware build 150513

If I load that firmware from the site it takes around 10 minutes for it to ping or to be seen in SADP
When it does it shows the 4.0.8 software

If I go for the 5.2 baseline it starts to ping in under a minute
sadp doesnt see it until 10 mins

The downgrader is the same
pings in under 1 minute
Takes 10 mins to see it in sadp

It wont let me change the IP in SADP and I cant connect to the webpage. The only port that seems to be open is 8000 as it will let me telnet to that

For the upgrade process I am using TFTP and copying the firmware file to the same directory as the tftp server software and renaming it digicap.dav
I reboot the camera and it says transmitting
Then it says completed file transit and I close down the tftp server
I can then see the camera reboot

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, much appreciated. I will try that. I just found out the following

2. A Chinese version that has been adapted (hacked) one-time to have English menus. This will have "CCCH" in the serial number. It will work now in English but if you try to update the firmware, you will need to do so with a Chinese language version which means it will revert to Chinese.

I'll give it a go trying to get the chinese firmware on so at least its working then try to change it back to english.

That's partly true, but we have a few work around firmware's if the camera is 5.23 or lower, and then we have other methods for 5.25 and above.
the good news it's not hard to fix.

jonwarby

n3wb
Reaction score
That good news, I would appreciate if anyone has any ideas as to what to possibly try next please

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will need the information off the sticker on the camera to give you the correct information and firmware.

jonwarby

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, I appreciate your time in looking

Most is in Chinese so not sure what the headings are
model is DS-2CD2632F-IS 2.7-12
Sequence 536842582
Security Code: xxxxxx
Production Date: 08/2015
V5.3.0_150513
Standards Q/BFW 004-2011

Last edited by a moderator:

jonwarby

n3wb
Reaction score
SADP shows the device with a different serial since the first firmware attempt
it used to be CCCH and its curretnly showing with a CCRR serial

jonwarby

n3wb
Reaction score
In the TFTP server for me it never says system update completed. The last entry is completed file transmit. I had been using poe but just found a suitable psu but the results are still the same