Finding RTSP url of Shenzhen IP camera

smith123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am interested if it is possible or if anyone has tried to connect to a camera like this: Amazon.com : OVEHEL Mini WiFi Spy Camera HD 1080P Wireless Hidden Camera Video Camera Small Nanny Cam with Night Vision and Motion Activated Indoor Use Security Cameras Surveillance Cam for Car Home Office : Camera & Photo

I have done a scan using FING and found that port 554 does have RTSP, but I dont know the url format, and the username and password. Is this something I have to get form the manufacture? or is there other ways of finding this information?

Thanks

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I am interested if it is possible or if anyone has tried to connect to a camera like this: Amazon.com : OVEHEL Mini WiFi Spy Camera HD 1080P Wireless Hidden Camera Video Camera Small Nanny Cam with Night Vision and Motion Activated Indoor Use Security Cameras Surveillance Cam for Car Home Office : Camera & Photo

I have done a scan using FING and found that port 554 does have RTSP, but I dont know the url format, and the username and password. Is this something I have to get form the manufacture? or is there other ways of finding this information?

Thanks
Hi @smith123

Would be good to have that information posted here.

Have you tried to contact the seller with that question?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. They said it doesn't support rtsp. But FING says differently.
Hi @smith123

So FIND finds an open port at 554, which normally is used for RTSP.. but how do we know rtsp really is on that port?

Perhaps attempting to connect with the numerous variations that are typically used and finding which one works would help?

Does the camera do constant streaming when configured?

Umut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any other open port?

smith123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @smith123

So FIND finds an open port at 554, which normally is used for RTSP.. but how do we know rtsp really is on that port?

Perhaps attempting to connect with the numerous variations that are typically used and finding which one works would help?

Does the camera do constant streaming when configured?

From the app it uses, it starts the stream when you press play.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From the app it uses, it starts the stream when you press play.
Hi @smith123

Setup wireshark or a similar network scanner and see what is sent out from the device when you use the App to play the video.

Perhaps you will see the config string that will give you the format to pass to rtsp?

smith123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @smith123

Setup wireshark or a similar network scanner and see what is sent out from the device when you use the App to play the video.

Perhaps you will see the config string that will give you the format to pass to rtsp?
Yeah. I tried that. Didn't see anything or I had the wrong filter. I was doing RTS or rtsp filter. I guess I need to retry that once I learn more about how Wireshark works.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. I tried that. Didn't see anything or I had the wrong filter. I was doing RTS or rtsp filter. I guess I need to retry that once I learn more about how Wireshark works.
Just look for the port# in the packet, also watch if any port is opening up dynamically when you use the app. Ideally we should see something in the first set of packets

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. I tried that. Didn't see anything or I had the wrong filter.
Unless the app is running on the PC, and not on a phone, you'll only see broadcasts, not any camera <--> app traffic.
If you have a managed switch, it will likely have a 'port mirroring' facility which could replicate one port's traffic to the port the PC running wireshark is on.

smith123

n3wb
Reaction score
Unless the app is running on the PC, and not on a phone, you'll only see broadcasts, not any camera <--> app traffic.
If you have a managed switch, it will likely have a 'port mirroring' facility which could replicate one port's traffic to the port the PC running wireshark is on.
So my previous attempt I created a hotspot from my laptop and connected the camera and my phone to it in hope of catching some traffic. I feel like the app aND the camerais connected to a outside server. I feel like it's doing something that crazy like that.

Umut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So my previous attempt I created a hotspot from my laptop and connected the camera and my phone to it in hope of catching some traffic. I feel like the app aND the camerais connected to a outside server. I feel like it's doing something that crazy like that.
Can you open on your web browser on Windows while Wireshark is running? Then please take a screenshot of this traffic on Wireshark and share the picture.

smith123

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay figured it out. Following this Youtube video: (How to find an IP camera's RTSP URL with Wireshark!)

So from what I can tell, the camera is going out to a server and the url looks like this: (XXXX out stuff so you cant see my camera)

rtsp:/47.89.251.240:554/hw_XXXXXXXXXXXXXX2.sdp?token=53XXXX-GUID-XXXXXXb02&ipc=28300103544&t=1578XXXXXXX0&sign=1806289XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX72ea&pwd=2c6deXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX4ff95f&app=1/streamid=0

smith123

n3wb
Reaction score
Next question, Since I have this information, Would it be possible to go directly to the camera to get the stream. The RTSP stream is coming from a server in like Portland or. But can I directly go to the camera, such as it;s local ip address: rtsp:/192.168.1.105:554/ ??????

Umut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Attached. is what I found. So to get it to do this I had to turn the camera off and back on.
Thanks for the screenshot, but I actually wanted to view the response detail from your IP camera on port 554. I know you found the RTSP url, but it has a cloud based IP. Maybe your cam has a static RTSP url to view it locally. Can you use ip.src==192.168.137.1 && ip.dst==192.168.137.103 && tcp.port==554 filter, right-click the first result, click Follow > TCP Stream and take a screenshot of the window? If you didn't save the previous Wireshark traffic, don't forget to reopen the url on your web browser before using the filter. If you see no response on the window, try opening rtsp:/cameraIP/ url on VLC Player.

smith123

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the screenshot, but I actually wanted to view the response detail from your IP camera on port 554. I know you found the RTSP url, but it has a cloud based IP. Maybe your cam has a static RTSP url to view it locally. Can you use ip.src==192.168.137.1 && ip.dst==192.168.137.103 && tcp.port==554 filter, right-click the first result, click Follow > TCP Stream and take a screenshot of the window? If you didn't save the previous Wireshark traffic, don't forget to reopen the url on your web browser before using the filter. If you see no response on the window, try opening rtsp:/cameraIP/ url on VLC Player.
This is the 1st repose when i browser to 192.168.137.103:554. see attached.

Attachments