Even if my recording setup is "continous" it does not record continously

MChevrier

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to understant what is the mechanism in action here.

When my recording limit size is 1200 GB and limit clip age is 7 days , I get what you see on the left and when the size is 40GB and the limit clip age option is not activated, I get what is on the right.

1665615149992.png

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Provide us with a photo of your main settings "clips and storage" tab and a photo of one of your cameras settings "Record" tab.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to understant what is the mechanism in action here.

When my recording limit size is 1200 GB and limit clip age is 7 days , I get what you see on the left and when the size is 40GB and the limit clip age option is not activated, I get what is on the right.

View attachment 142434
Firstly you have an issue with your storage allocation, this needs to be remediated immediately to ensure expected behaviour, reference from the manual below;
1665618687061.png

Secondly, as a general rule, limit via Size not Age and avoid using both.

In your current configuration (being over allocated on storage) clean-up will be unpredictable.

MChevrier

n3wb
Reaction score
Provide us with a photo of your main settings "clips and storage" tab and a photo of one of your cameras settings "Record" tab.
This is one of my cameras PenteNord4 Record tab.
One of the difference is that now I don't limit the clip age. Maybe that is the key to the problem.
As for the "clips and storage" tab here it is. I changed the Limit size, because I am trying to find the size that will make better use of my available storage space on E:. I tried with 40 GB and had 1 TB free space on E: with no recording gaps. I then tried with 400GB, then I had 700MB free space, still with no recording gaps. Now I just set it up the Limit Size to 900GB, and will see tomorrow if I have recording gaps. I am trying to find the balance between no recording gap and best E: space usage.

1665856108532.png1665856625626.png

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Moving files between drives is a pointless exercise that adds CPU cycles, drive head cycles and general wear and tear. Additionally, you have an allocation error showing on your M:/ drive which, I assume, is where your stored folder is located.

Write your video to one place. Don't move it. Limit space based on size, not age.