Error 8000274d (Failed to Connect)

Reaction score
I have a 22 dahua 4mp starlight camera setup running Blue Iris on a Windows 10 Pro machine.
The cameras are connected to the PC through 3 BV-tech 10 port PoE+ switches

The system has been working perfectly for about 9 months. A few weeks ago, one of the cameras stopped showing a feed in Blue Iris and showed a gray screen and "No Signal." Over the next 1-2 weeks, 2 more cameras dropped off. The error is Error 8000274d (Failed to Connect).

I can login to the cameras in a web browser, but they do not show a live feed on the Live tab, and after 1-2 minutes, I can no longer navigate through the settings and have to login again to make any changes.

The cameras all have the same settings, and their own static IPs set on the cameras. The cameras that aren't working still show up in the config tool, they just aren't getting video to the PC.

I've tried restarting the cameras in Blue Iris, I checked the Cat5 cables, restarted the switches, and tried different ports on the switches.

I searched for this error, and I haven't found anything that has helped. It seems like a networking issue, but it's above my knowledge.

Do I need to buy a cheap router to handle the traffic better? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 22 dahua 4mp starlight camera setup running Blue Iris on a Windows 10 Pro machine.
The cameras are connected to the PC through 3 BV-tech 10 port PoE+ switches

The system has been working perfectly for about 9 months. A few weeks ago, one of the cameras stopped showing a feed in Blue Iris and showed a gray screen and "No Signal." Over the next 1-2 weeks, 2 more cameras dropped off. The error is Error 8000274d (Failed to Connect).

I can login to the cameras in a web browser, but they do not show a live feed on the Live tab, and after 1-2 minutes, I can no longer navigate through the settings and have to login again to make any changes.

The cameras all have the same settings, and their own static IPs set on the cameras. The cameras that aren't working still show up in the config tool, they just aren't getting video to the PC.

I've tried restarting the cameras in Blue Iris, I checked the Cat5 cables, restarted the switches, and tried different ports on the switches.

I searched for this error, and I haven't found anything that has helped. It seems like a networking issue, but it's above my knowledge.

Do I need to buy a cheap router to handle the traffic better? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance!
This is certainly a networking or camera issue. The blue iris error wont help you. If you cannot see the camera feed in the camera then that is your problem. Your traffic should not be going through your router. The blue iris pc should be connected to one of your switches which should call be connected together and only one of the switches connected to the router. What happens if you power down to all but the affected cameras do they come back up?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
are the camera's in question on the same POE switch? ( suspect a low power issue to cams) perhaps a dying switch.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do the cameras have SD cards in them? If so they are probably failing and some of these cameras get really wonky when a card is failing.

I had a dahua do that and replacing the card fixed it.

Reaction score
This is certainly a networking or camera issue. The blue iris error wont help you. If you cannot see the camera feed in the camera then that is your problem. Your traffic should not be going through your router. The blue iris pc should be connected to one of your switches which should call be connected together and only one of the switches connected to the router. What happens if you power down to all but the affected cameras do they come back up?
I have all the switches connected together, and I don’t have a router in the configuration currently. All the switches are chained together and a single line runs to the PC from the closest switch. I’ve power cycled several cameras individually (the unaffected ones come back fine), but I haven’t tried to power down all but the affected ones. I’ll try that and report back.

Reaction score
are the camera's in question on the same POE switch? ( suspect a low power issue to cams) perhaps a dying switch.
I was a little worried Ihad too many cameras on each switch, and the marketing power doesn’t match the actual switches ability. I think trying Fenderman’s suggestion should rule that out.

Reaction score
Do the cameras have SD cards in them? If so they are probably failing and some of these cameras get really wonky when a card is failing.

I had a dahua do that and replacing the card fixed it.
I didn’t put SD cards in any of the cameras. I didn’t see a reason for it if the power goes out, the camera will go down anyway. (Everything is on UPS, but those won’t last in an extended outage.)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok then I would go with a power supply issue or failing cable. Or maybe a bug creeped into the firmware. I had a camera that would quit holding the time zone and a factory reset fixed it. Keep in mind my cameras are isolated from the internet so it wasn't from a firmware update.

The reason to put SD cards in is for redundancy in case the VMS system goes down or someone steals it then you have video in the cameras.

Reaction score

Well, I powercycled all of the cameras, tried a different cable, tried another port on the switch. Additionally, unplugged the other 2 switches and tried to just run the one switch. The cameras will still not show a video feed and disconnect after about a minute when I'm logged in through a browser. If I change things fast enough, I can get settings changed, but after that it disconnects.

What are the chances that this is because I don't have a router in-line? It's just the switches chained directly to the NIC on the PC.

Reaction score
Ok then I would go with a power supply issue or failing cable. Or maybe a bug creeped into the firmware. I had a camera that would quit holding the time zone and a factory reset fixed it. Keep in mind my cameras are isolated from the internet so it wasn't from a firmware update.

The reason to put SD cards in is for redundancy in case the VMS system goes down or someone steals it then you have video in the cameras.
I did a hard reset on the cameras, tried another port on the switch, a different cable, and unplugged the other switches. I even unplugged half the cameras on the switch and tried it with fewer cameras hooked up. No improvement. Any other ideas?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I powercycled all of the cameras, tried a different cable, tried another port on the switch. Additionally, unplugged the other 2 switches and tried to just run the one switch. The cameras will still not show a video feed and disconnect after about a minute when I'm logged in through a browser. If I change things fast enough, I can get settings changed, but after that it disconnects.

What are the chances that this is because I don't have a router in-line? It's just the switches chained directly to the NIC on the PC.
Most of us don't have a router in-line...

The fact that you don't indicates it isn't a problem of the router not keeping up. It would be worse if you ran the cams thru the router.

I guess try deleting the camera from BI and re-adding. Maybe something got wonky in an update?

Also confirm that all your cameras are static address and that they are all unique.

Reaction score
Most of us don't have a router in-line...

The fact that you don't indicates it isn't a problem of the router not keeping up. It would be worse if you ran the cams thru the router.

I guess try deleting the camera from BI and re-adding. Maybe something got wonky in an update?

Also confirm that all your cameras are static address and that they are all unique.

I just deleted one of the cameras and added it back in. They all have unique static IPs and show up in the config tool and I can login to them all separately.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
when you hard reset the camera(s),,,,,did it's address change back to 192.168.1.108? and did the login screen ask you to create a new P/word?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe they got zapped. Thunderstorm....I'm thinkin,,,power fluctuations do funny, random, things..... somethings survive.... some wake up dead....
When I lived closer to Indiana, ( Naperville IL) is when I had more strange loss of "lectronics" than any other address I can remember.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having the exact issue with one of my Andy-cams. I can access the camera via the web interface and it will connect to BI but will lose signal a few times an hour. Started happening out of the blue.

Reaction score
when you hard reset the camera(s),,,,,did it's address change back to 192.168.1.108? and did the login screen ask you to create a new P/word?
yep, it reset completely fine. I was able to change the password, settings, and IP address.