Error 8000274d (Failed to Connect)

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok. Have you maxed out the available wattage rating for the switch(es). like if a switch has 8 POE ports, and a 67 watt budget, and let say each cam takes 7 watts x 8 = 56 watts. not sure what the draw is for the your camera's, just spit ballin.....Some of these POE switches seem to be built around an energy conservation mindset.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought a fucking Yuanley 10/100 5 port POE ( with an alledged Gigabit Uplink port) so I could add my LPR cam to the mix.....( out of NVR ports) It took down the whole motherfucker to a crawl....and Cam GUI's were slow and would time out, and NVR login would time out.....flipped back to a Gigabit switch....no problems...
the 2 Amcrests are pushing about 60-70Mbps of cam stream( looking at the Nvr's status pages) So i cannot run the AMcrests through Yuanley..turd....

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you swapped positions on the switch ports with troubled cams? Like for example cam1 is fine, cam 3 is giving you problems. Swap cam 1 & 3 on the switch ports. see if problem follows camera/switchport.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
The weird thing of the original post is that all was well for 9 months.
The way things went awry....doesn't seem like a Blue Iris update......Some of my cams will not show video when logged in to certain browsers, unless I run it with a Web Plugin.exe or something...But that was usually older firmware...
although logging in via the IE tab in Edge or Chrome or Palemoon 32bit, would then include the video.
I've pretty much ignored the Web Gui video on these cams and toggle back and forth to BI's screen to see how my changes look in their...
But that still does not explain the loss of video in the Console....

Bullit

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 22 dahua 4mp starlight camera setup running Blue Iris on a Windows 10 Pro machine.
The cameras are connected to the PC through 3 BV-tech 10 port PoE+ switches

The system has been working perfectly for about 9 months. A few weeks ago, one of the cameras stopped showing a feed in Blue Iris and showed a gray screen and "No Signal." Over the next 1-2 weeks, 2 more cameras dropped off. The error is Error 8000274d (Failed to Connect).

I can login to the cameras in a web browser, but they do not show a live feed on the Live tab, and after 1-2 minutes, I can no longer navigate through the settings and have to login again to make any changes.

The cameras all have the same settings, and their own static IPs set on the cameras. The cameras that aren't working still show up in the config tool, they just aren't getting video to the PC.

I've tried restarting the cameras in Blue Iris, I checked the Cat5 cables, restarted the switches, and tried different ports on the switches.

I searched for this error, and I haven't found anything that has helped. It seems like a networking issue, but it's above my knowledge.

Do I need to buy a cheap router to handle the traffic better? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance!
I have thé same probleme if used reset on the camera in blue iris It s working .

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.