EmpireTech 2023 Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday Sales Nov.20-24th

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I received my IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 last Monday. Now I'm trying to install it, running network cable to it. This house (1979, concrete, bricks etc.) was not built for 2023-like ethernet everywhere:rolleyes:...
You complaining about a 1979 built house, what am I going to do with a 1925 built house?:D

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I received my IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 last Monday. Now I'm trying to install it, running network cable to it. This house (1979, concrete, bricks etc.) was not built for 2023-like ethernet everywhere:rolleyes:...
Emphasis on the concrete, brick part ;)...
Managed to install the camera on Friday, just in time for Christmas.
I went from 1 5231 in October 2017 to now 4 camera's around the house.
Might have to get a bigger HDD for the NVR too, 4 camera's (including 3 4MP ones) takes a lot more storage than 1 2MP one.

Took the opportunity to reroute some network cables as well, so now everything is going from one central place instead of going back and forth.
Makes the use of a single POE-switch possible instead of several POE-injectors for each camera.
Was able to do this, because this house as a very nice crawlspace, tall enough and with concrete floors.
(which is pretty rare here)

I'm now looking for a POE extender to use 1 incombing network cable for 2 camera's. I've seen them on this forum with great reviews.
Might use one outside (at the terrace (camera)) as well, so I have a hardwired connection for my laptop if I want to sit there during summer.

Thanks Andy!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Managed to install the camera on Friday, just in time for Christmas.
I went from 1 5231 in October 2017 to now 4 camera's around the house.
Might have to get a bigger HDD for the NVR too, 4 camera's (including 3 4MP ones) takes a lot more storage than 1 2MP one.

Took the opportunity to reroute some network cables as well, so now everything is going from one central place instead of going back and forth.
Makes the use of a single POE-switch possible instead of several POE-injectors for each camera.
Was able to do this, because this house as a very nice crawlspace, tall enough and with concrete floors.
(which is pretty rare here)

I'm now looking for a POE extender to use 1 incombing network cable for 2 camera's. I've seen them on this forum with great reviews.
Might use one outside (at the terrace (camera)) as well, so I have a hardwired connection for my laptop if I want to sit there during summer.

Thanks Andy!
This is the goto extender/add another camera