Empire Tech NVR5208-4KS2

Eweneek1

n3wb
Reaction score
Started to set up this NVR and one IP Camera IPC-T5442T-ZE today. Having trouble setting up the correct cabling. Complete house wiring is Cat 6 and same going to camera. There is a Netgear POE switch on the second floor for this and future cameras. The switch is cabled to the router downstairs cabinet that houses the router and another non POE 16 port switch supplying a Leviton 24 port Cat 6 patch panel.

I have the NVR connected to a 50" Panasonic TV with a HDMI cable and the LAN port cable goes to the router. Can not add camera in setup. Does the LAN cable need to go all the way to the upstairs POE switch instead of the router?

In setup I do not see a way to get out of camera setup. There is no option to exit.

Also, can the NVR be mounted vertically instead of horizontal on a wall?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Read through this thread. Although it is labeled for POE ports on the NVR, there are posts in there on how to get the camera going when not using the POE of the NVR. You can mount it either way, just make sure the vent has clearance.

Eweneek1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Wittaj, finally got the camera online, but had to to use SmartPSS. And, realized to move around menu I had to right click.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
i think the POE switch upstairs will work better if it's wired to the other switch downstairs... and the router is plugged into the downstairs switch. and the NVR is plugged into the downstairs switch.

Eweneek1

n3wb
Reaction score
i think the POE switch upstairs will work better if it's wired to the other switch downstairs... and the router is plugged into the downstairs switch. and the NVR is plugged into the downstairs switch.
Thanks Flintstone 61

Camera connected to upstairs POE switch which is connected to the router downstairs. NVR is connected to the downstairs switch which is connected to the router. Seems to be working fine.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Some of the guys here think that everything should go to the Switch, and not directly to the router.
But having said that, many routers are also 4 port switches. I think the point they are making is trying to keep the camera bandwidth to the switches and leave the router free to route.
But I'm with, you, It's not broke....why fiddle with it.....
I added a 17th Camera today, and things seemed happy. Then the Cpu Spiked at 100%, and a weird square patch appeared on the screen. Maybe shoulda stopped with 16 :)....
But no! I had to fiddle with it.... LOL
I turned off Hardware acceleration to cam 16&17 and things calmed down.

Eweneek1

n3wb
Reaction score
Having numerous problems with the NVR OS. Time is always off 1 hour and if changed manually it always goes back to the wrong time even though saved. Doesn't matter if DST is selected or not. Problem with date format, selected day month year and saved, but month day year shows. Won't let me change logout time, says non-login user permisson.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yikes. I suppose you tried to reboot the machine? Any lightning recently?
I just lost a Garage door opener, a Cisco Switch and a Linksys router, to lightning. They power on but act funny. So I know they're corrupted somehow.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Having numerous problems with the NVR OS. Time is always off 1 hour and if changed manually it always goes back to the wrong time even though saved. Doesn't matter if DST is selected or not. Problem with date format, selected day month year and saved, but month day year shows. Won't let me change logout time, says non-login user permisson.

What browser are you using? Pc or Mac?
Dahua gear likes IE and I know nothing about Macs

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
See the Following reference on setting date / time including DST from the Dahuawiki. I've had no problems setting them and currently have mine set to change at 2am on the last Sunday in October by selecting the week radio button on the DST section. I've a bit of a wait to find out if it works mind you lol

Older interference but still relevant.

Particularly this video from same one using the nvr web interface

Griswald

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Just reading your post again you mention non-login user permission. I take it you are logged in under admin and not another user account. A normal user would not have administrative privileges to set such parameters.

Eweneek1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Finally got the correct time working. Smart PSS on my iMac computer. Using the NVR OS on a LG 50" TV. Have logout time set at 30 minutes, but unable to change under ADMIN.