Email alert in HIkvision

donnexx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys hope someone can help me with this one. its been 3 days when I encounter this trouble.

we have HIKvision dvr with model # DS 7304HHGHI-ST installed in our company warehouse last year I configure this one on email alert. and its perfectly working.
last week our CEO complaining that it been a month that he doesn't receive any email alert on this email. so I check it. and I find it not working..

I already try change the email address of the sender. but still not working. so after this one I decided to try the email alert configuration in another unit. in HIKVIsion NVR with model number DS-7604NI-E1/4P its working with the new email and new smtp port.

this is the settings

username: **********@gmail.com
password: ************
smtp server: smtp.gmail.com
smtp port: 587
enable SSL: check
sender: warehouse
senders address: ***********@gmail.com
select receiver: receiver 1
Receiver address: *********gmail.com
enable attached pic: check
interval: 2s

So what I do I go back to DVR and reconfigure with the same on this. but is FAILED. I already reset back to default the DVR still I got FAILED.
the firmware also been updated. to the latest version.

hope someone can help me this.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm asking a help to solve this problem. to enabled again the email notification
Yes, that's clear, however, the fix depends on the specific version of firmware that's installed, and whether it's one of the versions that Hikvision have already rolled out to fix this specific problem.
On the assumption that the NVR was sourced from an 'authorised distributor', Hikvision support may agree to answer you when you ask them if the (unspecified) version of firmware in the NVR has the gmail fix, and if not, when they will be releasing it.

donnexx

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, that's clear, however, the fix depends on the specific version of firmware that's installed, and whether it's one of the versions that Hikvision have already rolled out to fix this specific problem.
On the assumption that the NVR was sourced from an 'authorised distributor', Hikvision support may agree to answer you when you ask them if the (unspecified) version of firmware in the NVR has the gmail fix, and if not, when they will be releasing it.

thanks sir
just and info sir my company is authorised distributor of hikvision here n Saudi Arabia. for now I did not yet email to Hikvision, regarding on this problem. maybe I will.
Today I'm planning to do some test on 4 different DVR/NVR model.

info HIKvision Nvr success on email alert. Model DS- 7604NI-E1/4P FV.3.4.62 build 160503

thanks,

anyway have you encounter this kinda problem?

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
maybe its just me but i find it odd that an authorized distributor with access to Hik full support and training looks for help on an internet forum, perhaps one of your trained engineers could have helped you ??

donnexx

n3wb
Reaction score
maybe its just me but i find it odd that an authorized distributor with access to Hik full support and training looks for help on an internet forum, perhaps one of your trained engineers could have helped you ??

I do this because the HIK support in middle east it not good. they been replace every now and then personnel for the hik support here in middle east and if I go directly to mainland china the response time make me sick!..

any way thanks for ur comment. trouble already fix.