Ebay China Cameras

jtupnsmoke

n3wb
Reaction score
For all you folks who have purchased the eBay, non-upgradeable firmware versions of the Dahua cameras, do you all just leave them as is, or is there some way to flash something else to them? Some sellers seem to have very good reviews selling these Chinese versions with non-upgradeable firmwares. I think i want to try one of them out, just trying to see what I'm in for. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Avoid that crap...terrible idea...you can save yourself time by flushing the cash down the toilet...the reviews left are done right after receipt not six months later.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why not order from Andy, he is trusted by most on this community? You can find his email address in the Cliff Notes in the wiki link above.

jtupnsmoke

n3wb
Reaction score
Why not order from Andy, he is trusted by most on this community? You can find his email address in the Cliff Notes in the wiki link above.
Does he have some in the $60 - 80 range? I've looked at AliExpress but didn't see much under $100. The cameras I'm looking at on eBay are some of the 2 mp fixed turrets.

jtupnsmoke

n3wb
Reaction score
Avoid that crap...terrible idea...you can save yourself time by flushing the cash down the toilet...the reviews left are done right after receipt not six months later.
This is why I posted this. What makes them crap? Would like to get people's experience.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is why I posted this. What makes them crap? Would like to get people's experience.
There are at least 10 threads discussing this...its not worth saving a few bux...do it right the first time..

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
There are at least 10 threads discussing this...its not worth saving a few bux...do it right the first time..
I have some clients use the hacked cams(old models) and now some functions can't use with the newer firmware of the NVR, If use these cams and english nvr, better never update any firmware.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
It's just a tradeoff of cost vs. capability. The 2 mp starlight cameras will give you a better picture in low light and night situations. There is a firmware file available to upgrade most of the chinese cameras, but I think that's of little use for new purchases because they likely ship with the same version as the upgrade file, which is version 2.420.0000.22R . This version plays well with a Dahua NVR, while earlier versions had problems with changing camera configuration settings through the NVR. Here's a snap I just saved from a 4mp HFW-4431M camera. I have no info to offer for the 2mp chinese market cameras. If this same picture were taken with a 2mp starlight camera, the details would be sharper and the usable viewing distance would be out further. During the day, the image quality is pretty much identical. The 2mp fixed focus international cameras with the 1/2.8" sensor can be had these days in the ~$120 ballpark.
192.168.100.240_Across canal - 3.6 4431m_main_20180327211719_@1.jpg

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The international fixed cams can be had from Andy for around $100, having him use the slow shipping method.

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
guys, I believe this c-a cams are not as good as 5231r-z but... what do you think for a use inside the building, when recording in day-light, or at night when the lights are on.
I am considering 4431c-a for indoors usage.

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
when buying c-a it is required to have 2.420.0000.22R to have it working with the dahuas nvr?