DS-7608NI-E2/8P can't access - new

midnight

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to Hikvision and have learnt some bad lessons already. :shame:
Hikvision WON'T support my system because I bought off eBay so they won't send through the reset code to access the NVRs. Does anyone have any ideas like loading firmware to reset the password... would this work and how can I do this?
The default password doesnt work 12345

I am using with the DS-2CD3345-I Dome Camera which is so good and working fine. I initially setup using the SADPTool with default password is 123456789abc.

Alternatively can I purchase a replacement PCB like the DS-80180 OPS as I see these are modular boards.

Really disappointed :sad2: as have installed a full system for a non for profit organisation and cant finish without and NVR.
Otherwise can anyone suggest another NVR that will work well with the DS-2CD cameras?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas like loading firmware to reset the password... would this work and how can I do this?
Yes, this would wipe the entire configuration back to the defaults of the specific firmware used.
But there may be consequences, if the NVR is running modified firmware that the seller installed.
What does SADP show as the firmware version on the NVR?
What region code (eg CCCH or AARR) is shown in the serial number as shown on SADP?
Depending on the specific firmware version, this may work for you: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2920-Hikvision-camera-admin-password-reset-tool?highlight=password+reset+tool

You don't need to discard the NVR just because you don't know the password.
Given a bit more info, this can be fixed.

What has the seller got to say about this? If unhelpful, a dispute could be raised, as the device is not working properly.

midnight

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, this would wipe the entire configuration back to the defaults of the specific firmware used.
But there may be consequences, if the NVR is running modified firmware that the seller installed.
What does SADP show as the firmware version on the NVR?
What region code (eg CCCH or AARR) is shown in the serial number as shown on SADP?
Depending on the specific firmware version, this may work for you: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2920-Hikvision-camera-admin-password-reset-tool?highlight=password+reset+tool

You don't need to discard the NVR just because you don't know the password.
Given a bit more info, this can be fixed.

What has the seller got to say about this? If unhelpful, a dispute could be raised, as the device is not working properly.
Thanks Alastair and hook for your replies.
Its great to see a community behind a product which is why I want to use as well as a recommendation from a good friend. Thanks again for the reassurance that I shouldn't discard.

I havent got back to seller and wont dispute because I think I got a good price on a couple of kits.

DSP Version V5.0, build 150507
Software Version V3.3.4build 150616
SN DS-7608NI-E2/8P0820150902AARR540256011WCVU

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision have removed the original tftp update tool from their websites - but there is a copy of it plus instructions in the link in the first post of this thread:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English
Then you should be able to tftp update with one of the various firmware choices here: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/
This will revert to a default password of 123435 or 123456789abc or the 'device activation requirements' depending on the date. Presumably you have already tried these - as well as abc123456789
The uncertainty though is what region code is set inside your NVR.
This will become clearer after a firmware update, where you could very well end up with Chinese menus. There are ways to deal with that.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
how to fix econt_Vision-AV 2000 failure?
This isn't a real error - I believe it's just an old bit of code left in the firmware from way back, that's executed near the end of the NVR bootup.
Your screenshot shows the digicap.dav transmitted OK.
What was the result after you power-cycle the device?

midnight

n3wb
Reaction score
Your screenshot shows the digicap.dav transmitted OK.
What was the result after you power-cycle the device?
Transmitted Successfully
On power cycle it boots with Embedded NVR Hikvision screen then goes blank. I have tried 2 versions of firmware and does the same thing.
I have just checked SADP and showing "inactive"
Setting a new password I get "Activation Failed"

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HIKVISION DS-7616NI-E2/A

I can get a HIKVISION DS-7616NI-E2/A which has the same Firmware. Will i have problems with Hikvision support when i buy it through ebay?
It is new, never used.

Can i buy it or better not?

Hikvision.jpg

Any suggestions?