DS-7108N PoE Issue...please help.

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dear Experts,
I've been using my DS-7108N (Firmware: v3.0.10 build 141201) for just over 13months with 6 Hikvision cameras (domes and bullets) with no issues whats so ever then only during the past couple of days I've noticed that the cameras stopped working!! There was no display on live view screen. If I check the back of the NVR, there are no longer any RJ45 link LED lights flashing on any of the cameras when there use to be, which was the first sign of a problem. All cameras were configured for PoE. If I configure a camera with its own power (powered from the mains via an adapter) and then plugged into the NVR it works fine and the LED link light comes on fine and I can see it within Live view with no problems. I think the PoE feature is faulty or no power is getting to the cameras, as I've tried to reset the NVR back to default settings with no success and rebooted the NVR a few times.

Any ideas of what I can do without buying another DS-7108N NVR? Are there any commands that I could type via telnet to reset or check the PoE configuration?Are there any tricks or repairs that I could do by opening up the NVR? Unfortunately, the warranty has now expired, so any advice would be gratefully recieved!

Thanks

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds like the PoE switch internally has died. You could buy an 8-port PoE switch but will need to set it up in the Hikvision NVR properly. It's not plug-and-play.

Not sure about repairing it, sorry.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the 7108 have the VGA/HDMI interface as in the 76xx where the PoE ports status can be checked?

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sounds like the PoE switch internally has died. You could buy an 8-port PoE switch but will need to set it up in the Hikvision NVR properly. It's not plug-and-play.

Not sure about repairing it, sorry.
No problem Del Boy, can you provide a link on how an external PoE switch should be configured correctly with the NVR please? Thanks

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, it does. Good idea.
Sorry to be dumb, but how would I go about checking the PoE ports status, would this be within the configuration section of the Menu? All I can see is an option to enable PPPOE which I've tried to enable and disable with no success. Not sure if I'm looking in the right area? Thanks

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
260857_1.png
Check the local GUI with a monitor to make sure that it is the PoE switch that's broken.

You might need to change the settings in Camera Management from Plug-and-play to Manual, although as the cameras are already setup... maybe not.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry to be dumb, but how would I go about checking the PoE ports status, would this be within the configuration section of the Menu? All I can see is an option to enable PPPOE which I've tried to enable and disable with no success. Not sure if I'm looking in the right area? Thanks
Have you got a monitor connected directly to the NVR?