DS-2DF7286-AEL always rebooting during StartUp / Tilt-Check

cguenther

n3wb
Reaction score
SOLVED: DS-2DF7286-AEL always rebooting during StartUp / Tilt-Check

Hi,

ive got a 2DF7286, FW 5.3.0, build 150410. Serial DS-2DF7286-AEL20150205CCWR503784xxxx. Got it offered as used. Was able to regain access to the main password (thank you!), to change IP and so on. But unfortunetely the Camera starts to reboot during its Pan/Tilt/Zoom(?)-Check. Ive got a Live-Picture, when it starts to make its Pan-Check, thereafter it does toe Tilt-Check and then - boom, reboot. Unit is hookup to a POE+-Switch, which _should_ power the unit flawlessly, but after the reboot it might be, that LED 5 and LED6 are flashing shortly what looks underpowered. however, after some more or less flashes, the unit comes alive again to the point where it reboots... UI is accessible when the Head starts moving.

I've made a video, showing the problem:
00:29 - Fan starts
00:49 - Panning starts - I can access the unit via the Webinterface now.
00:57 - Tilt starts, shortly thereafter reboot - sometimes.
01:15 - Flashing of LED 5 & LED 6 (underpowered?)

Had someone similar problems and can give a hint what to look for? Ive started assembling a molex-adapter to be able to check the console-output. Does anyone has a maintenance-manual available? BTW: There is a switch "SW1". What is this for?

Thank you very much for any help!

best regards
Carsten

Last edited by a moderator:

cguenther

n3wb
Reaction score
hmmm. Things are gettin weird now. Thougt i might try an upgrade to the latest firmware, 5.3.10. Did it with tftp-util from the 530 to 525 downgrader. all went well (obvisouly), but there was no "update successful"-message on the tftpd-log, only transmit complete.

however, the cam will not do its pan/tilt-check but starts it reboot even earlier. not able to access via webinterface, even for a short while, any more.

does someone has an older firmware, 5.3.0 or even lower, for this 2DF7286 or can me point to a place where i can find it? or should i try the tftpd-downgrade with the firmware-file which is included?

thank you!
best regards
Carsten

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does this camera have provision for powering directly, ie not via PoE+?
Sometimes erratic behaviour is indicative of power supply problems.

cguenther

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alastair,

yes, it has, 3 wires, labeled AC24V on red and black wire and kind of "ground" on third yellow wire. i am unshure if it would be sufficient to hook up a 24v AC supply between the two AC24V-labelled wires or to have 24V AC connected 2 times between "ground" and the 24V AC wire. any hint on this?

does someone has a sample wiring for me? however ive ordered a dedicated POE+-injector, but hooking up the unit directly to the power supply would be a good test to see if its POE related.

Concerning the Firmwares, ive found http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/ as a good starting point.

best regards
Carsten

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
just hook 24vac supply up to the red and black, leave the yellow one alone.. there is no polarity from 24vac.. they are just using diodes to take one direction of the alternating and make it 12vdc.

if you get it back to the state you had it in, might try unplugging the ptz motors and see if it finishes booting.. they take the most current durring boot and could be causing a low voltage situation that's resetting the cpu.. damage to a motor or just excessive wear could cause it to be drawing more current than it should.

cguenther

n3wb
Reaction score
what ive done so far: With the bootloader still alive ive gone through firmware from 5.1.5 up to 5.4.0 but without success - the cam was immediately rebooting without any movement. after flashing it with the "original" 5.3.0 i got it with, i had the cam in the state where it was, wen i got it: booting up to tilt-check, thereafter reboot.

meahnwhile i hooked up 24V AC to the cam as suggested - but the cam did not react to this voltage! having it checked at 22.3V AC - no sign of life. is there a kind of fuse anywhere soldered in? did not saw one, but maybe on the other side of the board?

however, i made a second video, showing the two LEDs on the top board of the cam. as seen in the video above, i hat the LEDs on the head-board somewhat flashing after reboot - like if its underpowered. now see the LEDs on the top board of the cam.

until 01:04 the LEDs are flashing, together with a little klick in the unit. at 01:04 both LEDs are steady and you hear the boot-sequence: fan starting up, head turning, tilt-check - and off they are. then the sequence starts all over. maybe it will bott directly thereafter, maybe after doing this blinking for one minute or so.

what makes me a bit nervous is the fact, that the unit will absolutely not react to any external power-supply.

best regards
Carsten

cguenther

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

i think the problems are solved now. AS expected, there is a kind of micro-fuse soldered just next to the power-connector for the external power on the top-board, slow, 5A. This one was faulty, however, after fixing this i had no 24AC supply available. Yesterday i got my previously ordered High-Power POE-Injector. Despite the fact, that the switch was able to deliver "high-power" according his specs, all looked like a "underpower"-situation.

And, in fact, the Hi-Power Injector fixed all odds. No reboot, stable ops, i am now on FW 5.4, everything ok.

Thanks around for all hints pointing me in the right direction.

best regards
Carsten

Stevews

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Carsten,

Could you please confirm whether your camera has the Platform Access option in Network, Advanced Settings menu?

Thank you

Steve