DS-2CD4535FWD-IZH with Chinese Firmware V5.4.5

waz

n3wb
Reaction score
I got a few DS-2CD4535FWD-IZH recently but turns out the firmware is Chinese. I have tried TFTPing english firmware with newer version but the camera doesn't take it. I've tried modifying the header with hiktools but with same result.

This firmware also doesn't provide option to enable SSH or TELNET. There doesn't seem to be a RS232 console port either. Am I out of help or does anyone have an idea on loading English firmware onto this thing?

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
One of the experts will show up soon, but, I think you're hosed. You cannot downgrade to an earlier version which would allow you to change language. Your serial # is likely xxCH which means you have a chinese model and cannot load english firmware on it. My recommendation is: Mandarin Rosetta Stone.

waz

n3wb
Reaction score
One of the experts will show up soon, but, I think you're hosed. You cannot downgrade to an earlier version which would allow you to change language. Your serial # is likely xxCH which means you have a chinese model and cannot load english firmware on it. My recommendation is: Mandarin Rosetta Stone.
LOL, I should probably start learning Mandarin now. Yes, the serial is a xxCHxx. And the firmware seems to be locked down.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
And the firmware seems to be locked down.
It's quite well protected on those models.
If being able to do the configuration detail in English is all you need to do, check out the Batch Configuration Tool - it works in English against CN cameras and has good coverage. Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
This firmware also doesn't provide option to enable SSH or TELNET
There is a fair chance that the SDK 'Client Demo' program would enable SSH - but you'd just get dumped into the 'psh' restricted shell, so not worth the bother. Try the Win32 version - Win64 doesn't seem to work. Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
ClientDemoEn.exe

waz

n3wb
Reaction score
It's quite well protected on those models.
If being able to do the configuration detail in English is all you need to do, check out the Batch Configuration Tool - it works in English against CN cameras and has good coverage. Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_82.html
I will give this tool a try. If I can use this tool to configure and hook the cameras up to the NVR, I am more or less fine with it.

There is a fair chance that the SDK 'Client Demo' program would enable SSH - but you'd just get dumped into the 'psh' restricted shell, so not worth the bother. Try the Win32 version - Win64 doesn't seem to work. Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
ClientDemoEn.exe
Will give this a try and see.

I also have an NVR - DS-9632NI-I8 - which came with Chinese language. It has an option to enable SSH but the shell is restricted as you mentioned. Any idea if I would have luck with this one? The usual TFTP and header mod didn't work here either.