DS-2CD3145F-IS not smooth playback.

lefjomp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi!

i just installed a new DS-2cd3145f-is, i have problems with the playback from my computer, and also viewing from my phone with ip camera viewer, i have several other hikvision cameras and they all work fine with a smooth stutter free image, but with this one i cant get it to work good.

I enter the camera with my laptop using explorer browser, but i cant get a smooth picture, it runs pretty smooth for 1-2 seconds and then freezes for a half second and then plays for 1-2 second and so on, i have tried several setting in the camera but i cant get it to work, erlier i had a 3 mpx hikvision camera at the exact same spot with the exact same cables and setup, and it worked really good, very good picture.

Today i replaced the network switch to a 1gb switch and relaced the cabels and all, but i still cant get a smooth stutter free image/view.

what can i do next or is there any other settings that you can help me with? or is there something wrong with the camera?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Today i replaced the network switch to a 1gb switch and relaced the cabels and all, but i still cant get a smooth stutter free image/view.
Is your laptop wired or WiFi connected?
Do you have another computer to test with, and does it give the same result?
What bitrate do have the camera set to?

If you experiment with reducing the bitrate you will probably get to a point where the video is smooth, but to figure out if the cause is the camera or the computer not fast enough for the video, you probably need to extract some recordings and see how they play.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Lower the bitrate. Playback direct from the camera is at full resolution not the substream.

lefjomp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My laptop i wifi connected, and it has always been that, its been alot smoother with the 3 mpx camera, the settings are :

resolution, 2560*1440
bitrate, variable
videoquality , highest
picturespeed, 22fps
maximum bitrate, 3072

all these settings are now very high, but i have also tried them very low but there´s really no difference, it plays a little better ofcouse with the lower settings, but not stutter free.

what is SVC? i have it enabled and set to 50.

i have also tried that one on and off ,but no difference.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My laptop i wifi connected, and it has always been that
Connect via cable temporarily and it will likely fix the problem.
It's often the case that WiFi and real-time HD streaming can be troublesome.

CodeGreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Raise the iframe higher and see if that helps. Leave the quality at medium, and raise the bitrate.