DS-2CD2732F-IS bricked I think, Need Help ASAP.

Farruge

n3wb
Reaction score
Gday all.

Farruge here from Sydney.

I have recently purchased 7 x DS-2CD2732F-IS Domes from China. Firmware V5.2.8. Regreting this decision as all 7 cameras will drop off line after 5 or so minutes and the come back after a period of 5-20 seconds. They will do this no matter if connected to NVR or web browser. I usually get these cams from a local supplier with no probs but thought I would have a go from china as they are half the price. (looks like double the trouble)

I have tried to install the latest firmware that I can find on the HIK europe site (V5.2.3) using TFTP but no luck. Now camera can not be accessed but does ping. Have I bricked it?. How can I get it back?

Need Help!
Cheers

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the seller was on aliexpress hopefully you haven't yet acknowledged receipt and that you are happy with them.
It sounds like the seller has introduced a botched firmware to the cameras.
What was the error you had using a tftp upgrade? Sometimes you do need a specific version of the tftpserver. Check out the threads on here for similar problems and solutions.

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep,
I had the same issues and went to 5.2.5 using TFTP then worked.
I still have one of them with 5.2.8 working for evaluation purposes and CBX fixed the reset problem every 5 min.
But seems noway to go to English or multilanguage with this last firmware. Only Chineese!
I notify my seller, to be aware of that providing the 5.2.8 release : never answered, but actually, this is the newyear there.
So, only TFTP is the solution.
Then you can apply language patch (Under 5.2.5).
Hope this helps

Farruge

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys will try V.2.5 but have a feeling camera is bricked. 6 of the cams are allready installed. Hoping to fix them without havingn to send therm back.
anyone know how to unbrick?

Curlyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry I don't have any advice to help you. I am new to these cameras; ordering my first one tomorrow. However, could you please let us know the website or which seller you purchased the camera from? This way, new users like myself can be cautious when looking for a place to purchase. Thanks!

Farruge

n3wb
Reaction score
My brother organised the cameras over ebay. Im not sure which supplier.

Curlyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My brother organised the cameras over ebay. Im not sure which supplier.
Are you able to ask him and let us know? This will help the community in choosing suppliers.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Clearly if the browser won't let you apply a firmware upgrade, you are taking a huge risk using TFTP as that's forcing firmware on there not meant for the camera. If you want, PM me and I have 5.2.5 firmware with menus in English you can put on there and possibly get it back.