DS-2CD2432F-IW won't reconnect to Wifi after power failure

barkster

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a couple of DS-2CD2432F-IW and if they power goes off or unplugged most of the time they will not reconnect to wifi. I have to plug them into lan then unplug the lan and they will connect to wifi. I have 4 of these and only seems to happen to two. They are about 15 feet from Unifi LR AP so don't think that the issue. When I open up SADP I can see the camera which is not connected and the gateway is 0.0.0.0 but when I log into the camera when it is plugged into lan and go to wifi nic settings the gateway is correct. Weird.

sadp.JPG

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When I open up SADP I can see the camera which is not connected
Can you clarify - is this when the camera does not have a wired connection and when apparently not connected to the WiFi? In other words, does SADP see the camera after the power-off event?
Another question - do you have the cameras set as static IP addresses or DHCP reservations?

barkster

n3wb
Reaction score
SADP see the camera before and after power, only difference is the gateway is blank and I can no longer access via IP even though it shows it in SADP. Yes it is static IP. I have to plug it back into lan to get it working again. What's weird is its connect to wifi just missing gateway. Weird I know.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that is weird. SADP shows the camera, with correct IP address, yet it's not accessible. Very odd.
However - we've seen other weirdness when camera ports have been changed from their defaults.
Do you have the media ports changed as part of an external access port-forwarding setup?
As a shot in the dark, maybe worth putting them back as an experiment, as the effect presumably is repeatable.

barkster

n3wb
Reaction score
they have been changed since the current router will only allow port forward to same port so I can't do any port redirection. I'm going to put the centurylink router in bridge mode and install a new router today and then reset all the ports on the cameras to default and see what it does. what was weird for me is that SADP always shows gateway as 0.0.0.0 after this happens and when I log into camera the gateway is correct and not 0.0.0.0

floresta

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a very similar situation except that I can connect via WiFi even with the gateway showing 0.0.0.0 but the ports (that I do have correctly forwarded in my router) are closed so I cannot view the camera from the WAN. This non-Chinese DS-2CD2432F-IW is running software V5.3.0, build 150423.

Rebooting with ethernet connected restores the WLAN gateway settings and opens the ports and everything remains OK, even after the ethernet cable is disconnected, until power is lost or the camera is rebooted. At that point everything except viewing this camera from outside the LAN works as expected.

Don

Last edited by a moderator: