DS-2CD2432F-IW MD on dahua nvr?

spork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the pir or MD on the DS-2CD2432F-IW will work with a dahua nvr via onvif?

Always wanted to get a nvr to try out and might set it up for family later on. I plan to go with all dahua cams from now on in case I ever want to switch. Maybe I should just sell them and purchase new dahua cubes?

thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ive successfully got many non-dahua cameras working w/my NVR via both ONVIF or just specifying a RTSP URI, dont get internal PoE through.. because the NVR wont do anything but record/playback and mebe motion detection if the ONVIF is good.. any configuration or setup has to be done directly on the camera, with external PoE this is easy.. with Internal this is a pain

spork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I guess it would make sense for me to at least try it first before swapping cams. Thanks. I wouldn't ever buy something with poe ports for my home nvr.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive successfully got many non-dahua cameras working w/my NVR via both ONVIF
Does this include the ability to respond to ONVIF events notifications for both motion and 'smart' events?
I'm not suggesting here 'event-only' recording, but the added-value of having event markings on the playback continuous timeline.
In the case of the Hikvision 2432, which can provide motion, line crossing, intrusion detection, PIR detection, tamper protection as ONVIF event notifications etc that would be quite a useful benefit.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
shrug; the non-dahua cameras I got working w/my NVR did not have smart events.. just simple MD, and they worked.. I dont buy Hikvision, this was just some Chinese shit.

spork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was digging around looking for a dahua cube just to see what options there were. The newest model (ipc c35) seem to be wifi only and 2.3 mm. Not quite sure what I want to do yet but I think its probably best to stay with all dahua and ebay my hiks.

I've always liked the idea of a more simple stb for a nvr. I also have wanted to get away from having windows machines. Even though Blue Iris is mostly set and forget.