DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL Panoramic 4k

Reaction score
Love this camera! Sorry for the boring parking lot view. I just need to get the audio working in BI.
Can you please tell me:
1. How high do you have this mounted?
2. do you have it angled down? if so how much?
3. What is the approx number of feet away from you is the furthest object in front of the camera approx number of feet away on the sides?

seh1

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm seriously looking at the DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL and am glad to see that a few of you have it working with BI since that is what I use for real-time monitoring. However, I use Synology Surveillance Station for recording and was wondering if anyone has been able to get it working with that software? Thx.

911gt2

n3wb
Reaction score
Recording and Viewing with SS works fine for me. 5280x1440 can be awkward on mobile though hah

seh1

n3wb
Reaction score
I can see how that would be. Although it might be okay on a Galaxy Tab S7+. I think that screen is bigger than most of my early laptops. Thanks for the confirmation that it works with SS. Somebody is going to make a sale today.

seh1

n3wb
Reaction score
Recording and Viewing with SS works fine for me. 5280x1440 can be awkward on mobile though hah
Ahh, another question. It came up earlier about how many licenses, 1 or 2, synology would want allocated to this camera. I think that the consensus was just one, but I didn't see that anyone had actually done it at that time. Could you confirm? Thanks.

911gt2

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahh, another question. It came up earlier about how many licenses, 1 or 2, synology would want allocated to this camera. I think that the consensus was just one, but I didn't see that anyone had actually done it at that time. Could you confirm? Thanks.
Just 1. Presents as a single stream/cam at large resolution

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It looks like there is cheap ANNKE version of this ??

I was wondering how if compares to the one Andy sells

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Bob Hsu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ANNKE have NOT the technical capability of producing DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL or similar camera.
Some posibility is that ANNKE pruchase Neutral camera from Hikvision and print ANNKE on the camera and box.
Those camera will be no warranty from Hikvision, just make a fool of some customers who are lack of vision/experience in market.

jleonard71

n3wb
Reaction score
ANNKE have NOT the technical capability of producing DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL or similar camera.
Some posibility is that ANNKE pruchase Neutral camera from Hikvision and print ANNKE on the camera and box.
Those camera will be no warranty from Hikvision, just make a fool of some customers who are lack of vision/experience in market.
The Annke version is definitely just a rebranded Hikvision, but I've had mine for about 3 months now (didn't realize there was even a Hikvision version when I bought it) and it works great! No complaints whatsoever.

Bob Hsu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Annke version is definitely just a rebranded Hikvision, but I've had mine for about 3 months now (didn't realize there was even a Hikvision version when I bought it) and it works great! No complaints whatsoever.
You can order original Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL camera at Annke's price.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Exactly. It is indeed a Hikvision camera. I bought one and even uploaded the latest firmware from the Hikvison website. It only has the ANNKE name on it. All else is Hikvision.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've only had Dahua cameras so this would be my first Hikvision camera. Question to folks on this thread that have experience with Dahua cameras with human/motor vehicle filtering: is the AI on this Hikvision panoramic camera better, same, or worse than the Dahua AI when using the human/motor vehicle filtering in IVS rules? I've got a TIOC 2.0 dialed-in in good on the side of my house but having a 180 degree view with the same deterrence would be much better.

Bob Hsu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've only had Dahua cameras so this would be my first Hikvision camera. Question to folks on this thread that have experience with Dahua cameras with human/motor vehicle filtering: is the AI on this Hikvision panoramic camera better, same, or worse than the Dahua AI when using the human/motor vehicle filtering in IVS rules? I've got a TIOC 2.0 dialed-in in good on the side of my house but having a 180 degree view with the same deterrence would be much better.
In general, Hikvision have better technology than Dahua.
Dahua have released
IPC-PDW5849-A180-E2-ASTE
2×4MP Full-Color Dual-Lens Splicing WizMind Network Camera

We received Dahua prices of these models last month.
But the current price of this model is much higher than Hikvision.
We haven't placed the batch order yet, and are waiting for Dahua lower price of it.