DS-2CD2342WD-I Turret Camera Help Needed

Cookie Monster

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Desperately need help as I'm currently locked out of my camera after it being hacked. At the time, I accessed the camera via the web page, downloaded the latest firmware and changed my password. When the camera had re-booted I have been unable to access the camera either with the new or old passwords.

However, the camera still seemed to be working as it was sending me email alerts.

I have opened the camera up to perform a factory reset, but there is no reset button inside the camera. I have even unscrewed the circuit boards to look underneath.

I have also tried the Password Reset Helper from this site via SADP, but I get Password Recovery Failed.

I'm at a complete loss as what to try next. Can anyone please help.

Thanks in advance
CM

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
First - try another browser / another PC or clear the browser cache.
*edit* If the password was longer than 16 chars, try the first 16.

downloaded the latest firmware
What was the version of firmware?
If you're lucky, it was from a site that doesn't have the latest version and the backdoor-based password reset tool would work. Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

If the firmware version has fixed the Hikvision backdoor, you could use the tftp updater tool to apply the same version of firmware, which will clear the configuration back to defaults. Tool and instructions (but not the firmware) in the second link here : Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

Cookie Monster

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looking at SADP, The Software Version is 5.4.41 Build 170309 and DSP Version (whatever that is) is V7.3 build 161122