DS-2CD2325FWD-I 2MP Ultra-Low Light Network Turret Camera

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
guy's what about import duty ?, i'm in UK will i be stung with paying import duty ?
I'm in the UK too and via DHL I had to pay £4.80 for import costs.
That was for two cameras.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Talos77

n3wb
Reaction score
Just bought two of these 2325's and a 7608NI-I2 to start my home surveillance setup. Bought a 4mm and a 6mm. Once I get them I'll work out which is best focal length for the various locations around the home.

The clarity of the videos in this thread sold me on the 2325.

Was looking at a Dahua starlight setup until I saw the issue with the reboots and missing frames on IVS points.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
That is the same NVR I have for the cameras in the front of the house. I like it and have had no problems. The NVR for the rear of the house cameras is a 7608NI-E2 and the pictures above. It has also served me well but the one you are buying is the upgrade.

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@MrRalphMan i ordered that cam (2.8mm and 6mm), how long did your take to say shipped?, mine is still on Awaiting shipment.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@MrRalphMan i ordered that cam (2.8mm and 6mm), how long did your take to say shipped?, mine is still on Awaiting shipment.
How it took about three/four days for the DHL status to change from the day it was shipped and was then delivered the next day.

Forbas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. I found this forum and thread after hours of looking for decent low light ip camera. I have few hikvision ip cameras at the moment. They all perform great during daylight time but when night comes in they are terrible (dome type). I would love to order 2-3 either 2025 or 2035 ultra low light ones. I leave in UK. I check E-bay and Amazon but I can't see them there. There is few but they would be shipped from the different countries and it looks like they are sold form the private sellers. Could you recommend someone from UK who sells them ?

Thank you

is this same camera here ? It is from china. Would it be any different other then forced English firmware ? would it perform worse then international one ?

Hikvision 3MP English Version DS-2CD2335FWD-I POE IR H.265 SD Card Turret Camera | eBay

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all. I found this forum and thread after hours of looking for decent low light ip camera. I have few hikvision ip cameras at the moment. They all perform great during daylight time but when night comes in they are terrible (dome type). I would love to order 2-3 either 2025 or 2035 ultra low light ones. I leave in UK. I check E-bay and Amazon but I can't see them there. There is few but they would be shipped from the different countries and it looks like they are sold form the private sellers. Could you recommend someone from UK who sells them ?

Thank you
I haven't found anyone in the UK selling them, but had good experience with the person I bought from on Aliexpress.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the DS-2CD2335FWD-I arriving on Tuesday according DHL. It is the 3MP/6MM version. It is replacing a 4MP/4MM Hikvision dome camera. I will post up a before and after picture. Again the main reason to change cameras is for the better night time pictures.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Parley , you're going to have a massive difference in the angle of view between those two. I assume you also wanted to zoom in a lot?

I've ordered a 4mm 2335 (most likely arriving the same day as yours) to replace a 4mm 4MP 2342. The 2335 4mm is a bit tighter view at 78.7 vs 83 degrees.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I noticed on the first one I got that the field of view was wider than the camera it replaced. So taking that into consideration plus the over lapping field of view from the other cameras out in the front of the house I should be OK.

Forbas

n3wb
Reaction score
I badly need this cameras. I have 300W floodlights on movement sensors and cameras are locked to "day mode" in colour but when lights go off I can't see anything. When I turn I the build in IR the picture gets so foggy you barely see anything. This might be due to me been lazy and not cleaning the glass (I have dome type cameras). Just not sure which one to order 4mm or 6mm as 2.8 is seeing more then I need. I will post some pictures later on so perhaps you can tell which one would be best.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I turn I the build in IR the picture gets so foggy you barely see anything.
The fog is due to using domes and not properly mounting the camera..either IR is reflecting if a nearby surface or your did not properly seat the foam ring around the lens..many threads explaining how to fix it.

Forbas

n3wb
Reaction score
@fenderman You are probably correct but this was not as bad on the bigining it gradually got worse and worse. Even without the for this camera is not coping very well with low light. Even with 300W led lighting it is struggling. I tried to fiddle with the settings a bit but I think in this case it is just poor camera from china nothing to do with the settings. Correct me if I am wrong.

DS-2CD2155F-IS IR ON, LED LIGHTS OFF

DS-2CD2155F-IS IR OFF, LED LIGHTS ON. Yes I know I have to reposition camera or LED light. but still the image quality is very poor.

settings
Screen Shot 05-28-17 at 04.45 PM.JPG

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes looks like the dome is dirty...that is one of the reasons they are not recommended.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I noticed on the first one I got that the field of view was wider than the camera it replaced. So taking that into consideration plus the over lapping field of view from the other cameras out in the front of the house I should be OK.
With my 2342 turrets it's something like 83 degrees for the 4mm and 48 degrees for the 2335 6mm. I noticed a big difference. Hopefully you get a 6mm that's focussed correctly.

I badly need this cameras. I have 300W floodlights on movement sensors and cameras are locked to "day mode" in colour but when lights go off I can't see anything. When I turn I the build in IR the picture gets so foggy you barely see anything. This might be due to me been lazy and not cleaning the glass (I have dome type cameras). Just not sure which one to order 4mm or 6mm as 2.8 is seeing more then I need. I will post some pictures later on so perhaps you can tell which one would be best.
I use my 2335 (3MP version) in auto day/ night with the sensitivity set at 7. With some cheap 10 Watt LED floodlights (3 across the front of my house) the two 2335's have enough light that they stay in day mode. If the lights fail to come on, they'll switch straight to IR. That sounds like what you want? You will still need to be careful with the IR reflecting off the eaves etc.