DS-2CD2143G0-I POE not working

woynitt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I've got Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-I camera where POE not working, but when I connected directly 12V power, then camera starting and working.

I checked it on two Netgear POE switches, where the rest of my Hik cameras working fine, but this one cannot start.

So looks like POE module is broken on camera PCB.

I checked cable and it's doesn't has any corrosion and all cables working (checked by multimeter).

So I understand I have two possibilities:
-buy POE splitter US $3.08 25% OFF|48V to Active Isolated PoE Splitter IEEE802.3af 12V2.5Adapter Injector poe splitter Connector Active 10/100MFor PoE IP Camera|Computer Cables & Connectors| - AliExpress
-try to replace broken POE elements, for example from this pcb
US $3.36 16% OFF|cctv ip camera POE module PCB board Power Over Ethernet 12V output IEEE802.3af/at for IPC with POE cable|CCTV Accessories| - AliExpress

Maybe someone had the same problem and know which elements on PCB can be replaced for POE function?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe someone had the same problem and know which elements on PCB can be replaced for POE function?
I'd say that the PoE spliiter as in your link will be the easiest and simplest option.

You would likely have some mechanical difficulties in being able to integrate that PoE module inside the camera so that it supplies 12v and ethernet signals to the camera.
Lack of space will be one likely problem.
And you'd have to remove the wires from the JST connectors on both the PoE module and the camera and re-insert them in the different connectors.
If the DS-2CD2143G0-I camera is using the newer GH connectors with locking latch instead of the usual ZH connectors I don't think the pins will fit in the ZH connector for the PoE module.