DS-2CD2132F-IS red LED's on when IR is active

ttyR2

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy,

Overall I'm very pleased with the DS-2CD2132F-IS I purchased and have been using it with Blue Iris. Is there a way to have the camera *not* turn on the red LED's when it activates IR in night mode? For VS duties, I would prefer the camera to blend in to the background instead of stand out when it's dark out.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you meaning the IR LEDs themselves when you mention 'red LEDs'?
Standard IR LEDs do give a giveaway dull red glow to human eyes when active, in the dark this could look like 'red LEDs'.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Howdy,

Overall I'm very pleased with the DS-2CD2132F-IS I purchased and have been using it with Blue Iris. Is there a way to have the camera *not* turn on the red LED's when it activates IR in night mode? For VS duties, I would prefer the camera to blend in to the background instead of stand out when it's dark out.
You can certainly disable the IR leds however then you need to have decent lighting in the area or have another source of ir...
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1876-Possible-to-Disable-Built-In-IR-on-Hikvision-DS-2CD2032-I-3MP&highlight=disable

ttyR2

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah...I was expecting the LED's to be completely IR and invisible to human eyes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah...I was expecting the LED's to be completely IR and invisible to human eyes.
The leds on almost all cameras are 850nm and still visible...you can buy 940nm illuminators that are invisible, however, they are much weaker than 850...