Download a couple hours of video for police?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Police just dropped by my house as apparently a house was broken into nearby and they noticed my cameras. Left my name and they said someone would contact me . but I'm curious if I can easily download a couple hours of video off my Hik 7616 NVR for them?

Probably at a low bitrate to start just to see if they can locate anything suspicious and then download that part in higher quality. Chances are slim my cam caught anything useful but who knows .

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In the web GUI, on the Playback page, you can either download whole segments, or a video clip.
When you click the 'Download' button, bottom right of the Playback page in the web GUI, you are presented with a file selection box such as this:
NVR_48.jpg
Tick the boxes of the ones you want based on the times covered, and download.
For a couple of hours you probably want to download a whole segment to your PC and burn it to DVD.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Odd. When I hit that button it opens a new Explorer window and I have to log back into my web GUI and it just takes me back to the same opening screen, then I go back into Playback and hit the download button and it does the same thing.

IE setup issue?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tried installing Firefox, seems to work fine there. Guess I have some sort of popup blocker or additional security layer enabled in IE?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Odd. When I hit that button it opens a new Explorer window and I have to log back into my web GUI and it just takes me back to the same opening screen, then I go back into Playback and hit the download button and it does the same thing.

IE setup issue?
I had this issue
Firefox will do what you want properly.
Instead of bringing you back to the web gui login it should be the download pop-up page.

I think it's down to the ie settings and what not
You need to have the web gui page setup in the or settings to be allowed as a trusted site
And also make sure the web components plugging is installed correctly and up to date.

Saying that I just used Firefox to do it when I needed to and didn't bother trying to sort explorer out

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also, if using IE, put the NVR's address in the Compatibility View list. Hik plugin wouldn't even start until I did that. (Fresh install, win 10)