Don't watch phone when down the stairs

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Of course, it is only effective if the distracted glass tapper stays on the sidewalk
Great idea but it's just one more thing for the techs to maintain, one more thing to fail and one more thing the public can sue the municipality over..."The LED's output was diminished because of dirt and mud due to poor maintenance and I couldn't see the red" (so they assumed it was green). "The City is negligent, responsible for my injury and I am seeking damages" or the like.

Trust me...in 31 years of traffic signal maintenance, 29 of 'em in Northern California, I know of what I speak. As a society, we're shifting blame for our actions and our lack of responsibility to others. Nothing is my fault, it's your fault or their fault. :headbang:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
And we know when we see videos like this, they are the same people almost side-swiping you on the interstate because they are texting!
Or the same individuals holding up their devices over their head to record <insert event name here> and effectively blocking the view of the people behind them.

Then, in the true spirit of modern day mankind, all but a very few whip out the 'tude when you ask them to stop.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Regardless of what happened to her there are at least two people who were present. The first guy in frame and then walked away than the fucken idiot filming the entire thing??? :facepalm:

Honestly, just put a bullet in their head . . . :thumb:

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow...but she didn't drop the phone!

That would have been the first thing I would have let go so I can use that left hand along with the right hand to possibly help myself.

Glad to hear she's fine now.
No, the phone was in her right hand, I could not see what she still hold on the other hand!

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad to hear she is okay.

Hmm... thinking that would have to be some pretty quick reflexes to grab a handrail, that looked to be some quick acceleration. She was unconscious for 35-40 seconds one she was on the landing

Can only hope the one that walked away was doing so to summon help. Facility cam recorded it, we're viewing someone's recording of the monitor during playback

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I bothers me that no one went to check to see if she was OK or offer assistance. I understand that different cultures have different responses, but to me it's a human response, culture be damned, when I see someone potentially injured and in serious destress, not to mention pretty exposed in her case.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I bothers me that no one went to check to see if she was OK or offer assistance. I understand that different cultures have different responses, but to me it's a human response, culture be damned, when I see someone potentially injured and in serious destress, not to mention pretty exposed in her case.
Let's just say for the sake of argument the person didn't want to handle all the grief with a slip & fall. In no way does that stop a person from calling 911 and than - fucking off! This is exactly like the train incident I posted up a few weeks ago where a girl was being raped in front of dozens of people on the train all the while some asshole was taping the whole thing and uploaded the same to YouTube! :angry:

It's rare a person can ever have an impact on the world. But, its not a stretch to say everyone has the ability to impact their own personal environment when and where needed! In this case that lady slipped and fell and dollars to donuts it probably took 99999999999999999999 people to pass on by before someone said:

Hey just maybe I'll be a human being and use some fucken common sense and call for help :facepalm:

Reaction score
have you ever seen the video of the toddler that gets run over repeatedly in the streets in China? we place a far greater value on life than those in China do, but again they have 5 times the number of people.