Does Hikvision Europe....

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
firmware downloads work with WR (western region) cameras? I know to stay away from CCCH (Chinese), so wanted to know if Hikvision Europe firmware downloads are compatible with US (CCWR) cameras. Thanks.

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes. All Hikvision Europe Cameras are in fact WR cameras. United States cameras are also WR. U.S. and Euro firmware are interchangeable (and often times, but not always, identical).

BBQ Ribs

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 7608NI-E2 however just noticed seller sent a 7608Ni-SE
since firmware is interchangeable is there any reason to return the unit and get the E2.
between the 2 firmware is the E2 preferred over the SE or visa versa.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the 7608Ni-SE is an older, slightly less capable model that can still be bought at lower prices than the 7608NI-E2
If returning it is a hassle, the least you should get is a partial refund.
What makes you think the firmware is interchangeable? It's listed separately between the two models.

BBQ Ribs

n3wb
Reaction score
A few posts up I read both can be interchanged however may be different.
I have not tested this out though

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
7608NI-SE is the older unit. Firmware can't be interchanged.

Still a very capable unit but I don't think will support the next range of Hikvision cameras. I'd ask for a partial refund.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 7608NI-E2 however just noticed seller sent a 7608Ni-SE
since firmware is interchangeable is there any reason to return the unit and get the E2.
between the 2 firmware is the E2 preferred over the SE or visa versa.
What interchangeable means is that The firmware from Hikvision USA and Hikvision Europe is interchangeable. What is NOT interchangeable is firmware between models and revisions. Not all 7600 series recorders are made equal. The SE revision is an older recorder that, from the guess of recent firmware updates, is slowly being killed off. The "E" revisions are all current and the latest Hikvision offerings. Your best bet for long-term support in terms of camera future proofing is to exchange it for an E2 model. (It just got a firmware update a week ago, for example). I have both recorders and can personally attest to the SE revision having older, slower hardware. It takes forever to boot up. Two major changes between the SE/SP revisions and the E revisions is the elimination of all BNC connections, and the upgrade of the rear USB port to USB3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually the I Series is the latest Hikvision NVR line (it is an upgrade from the E and E2 series). We have tested a number of the I series (16, 32 and even 64 channel 16 Hard Drive units) and they are lightening fast especially for RAID and H.264+.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Those were just released within the last couple months. Those are bleeding edge and also significantly more expensive. I do like how they've packed in a 16 PoE into 1U. If they were more affordable I'd jump ship to those for future projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk