Does anyone have FW 5.2.8 Chinese or English please?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've gone and totally killed one of my Hikvision cameras (R0 / DS-2CD2332-I) - I've got a TTL cable coming tomorrow but I just realised when digging through old photos that it was actually a 5.2.8 camera from the factory (I removed the sticker a long time ago and regretting that massively now)!

It's an Aliexpress camera with the English firmware patch and won't boot any firmware and is complaining about the initramfs having junk in there and it's the same error with every firmware I've tried - English or Chinese (I've tried with and without the mtd hack).

@alastairstevenson has been a massive help to me so far! The first camera I did worked perfectly but the second one has been a right bitch :D

I've totally restored all of the original mtd backup blocks and no joy, camera has been formatted first etc.

I just wondered if anyone has or could point me in the direction of 5.2.8 141231 please as I'm struggling to find it!

It won't work with the downgrader firmwares either as it has the same error regarding the initramfs. I've tried using the flash_eraseall tool to clear mtd11 first with still the same error. Also tried nandwrite instead of writing to the mtdblock with no joy. It's a shame you don't get the extra output of upgrade command showing the files like it does via TTL - the cable will be here soon anyway :)

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I felt a right tit when I found the old pic and saw 5.2.8 - I'd have sworn it was 5.3.0 - d'oh :D

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I noticed in other posts you've mentioned that mtd11 contains the filesystem with a 64 byte header on the front so I'll try and extract the copy I have (which was supposed to be ok) and see what happens when it mounts :D

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
@alisterstevenson is awesome he is helping me getting a cam back to English language I will be spending some free time this week end doing
I do have a turret it's a DS 2cd 2332-1 v 5.2.5 build 141201 encoding version
v5.0 build 140714 it has the ccch in the serial number but I would not know yet how to clone that off the camera that's what I am looking to learn I have ordered a USB serial adapter and plugs once I learn and if its possible to pull out the firmware as a copy that I'm not sure about and would give these out to a programmer to check just need to learn fast

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I did try a clip on this camera last night but there are some components on the PCB in the way
Was this a full clip, or individual wires?
Last time I looked, a full clip was quite pricey.
I have a 2332 sitting on the shelf that I stupidly wiped way back by erasing all the NAND and rebooting before I'd re-written it.
A real brick.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's one of these:
wii-clip for WIIKEY,D2CKEY,D2CPRO,ARGON,D2PRO, WASABI and DMS,D2A,D2B,D2C for wii console!

The problem is that it won't fully sit on the PCB without removing what I think is a capacitor and the square fuse or resistor (not sure what it is to be honest) just above pin 1.

It does look like there's another version which may have had more chance but I didn't see anywhere to get it these days as they were popular in the Xbox 360 days!

I think it should work though as it seems the right form factor - if you want to try it I'll send it up and just send it back when you're done if you like?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've just brought the other camera back down from 5.4.5 to 5.2.5 so I can try and compare the difference between a good cam and a bad one so thanks again for the 540 debricker :)

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not required any more thank-you - problem fixed :D

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Alister if you point me in the right direction to buy the correct hard ware I will order what we need to pull off the digi.cap files as I have a 2332 and two 3332 ch version turrets I am happy to help ( with your help) and send them your way it would be no trouble at all

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Are they still running 5.2.8? (the thread title).
It was @reverend looking for the firmware to fix a troublesome camera.
However, he fixed it by cloning all the needed mtdblocks from another camera of the same model, sorted the MAC address etc and all is hunky dory.

point me in the right direction to buy the correct hard ware
Is this for the serial console?
It's pretty handy to have that facility, in fact if you're doing any serious messing with any embedded Linux, Hikvision or whatever else, it's mandatory.
Search your favourite online store (eBay) for 'Serial TTL to USB convertor PL2303HX based', often for Arduino.
And for Hikvision, "4-pin 1.5mm JST ZH wired connectors". Often in 10-packs