DMSS V 1.96.001 (17 NOV 2021) : Random No permission error when viewing motion alarm recordings

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Future if the DMSS failed can contact me to report, i will submit shortly to their enegineers.
Could you ask them why they are so obsessed with their alarm/door/ access control stuff?

On the newest version they removed favorites from home screen, so now you have to go to "me-> favorites" to see the groups
This is so annoying.
On old gdmss you can just set the buttons you want on home screen and hide the ones you dont need. also you could access your favorites from homescreen which is complete impossible with dmss, now you are stuck with all the added devices on your home screen...

also if you record/snapshot something its now also under "me tab" and you have to click on a tiny symbol to get even into the files. wow.

Now the list view is expanded with more bullshit. any camera is shown as "local devices" , the height of the list items is now much bigger with absolute no benefit.

also they start to spam with their "cloud". there is a huge "login" prompt on the "me" tab
it seems that they completely removed push notifications WITHOUT cloud/account login, so now it shows under "messages" only a login prompt.

why do they always destroy a somehow working app with more annoying "features". it is getting more worse from version to version

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Progress on the query from @user8963 Reply from engineer

1. Favourite will add back at later update.
2. Now the list view is expanded with more bullshit. any camera is shown as "local devices" , the height of the list items is now much bigger with absolute no benefit. -----will make it simplify.
3. it seems that they completely removed push notifications WITHOUT cloud/account login, so now it shows under "messages" only a login prompt.
----This will not remove.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for your fast reply.
Got 2 calls more this morning where the favorites are (lol)

3. it seems that they completely removed push notifications WITHOUT cloud/account login, so now it shows under "messages" only a login prompt.
seems that dahua prepare themself to be removed from google playstore...
have to look more into it, but hikvision already implemented their own push service over amazon server which seems also only to work with account

sadly gDMSS is still the better app, but lack of some features which are now in DMSS , also DMSS is faster when open a stream :(

doorbell users can use imou app now. the benefit from using the dahua app was that you doesnt need an account, it worked over VPN with local device , @Holbs not amused :)

Last edited:

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Cloud accounts are just data collection mechanisms. This is a terrible move by Dahua. This needs a big backlash

chris11c

n3wb
Reaction score
Cloud accounts are just data collection mechanisms. This is a terrible move by Dahua. This needs a big backlash
I agree. No reason for this. The previous version(s) still work and it seems they are always taking one step forward and two steps back. I'll be sticking with the one previous build for now.

Reaction score
Thanks for your fast reply.
Got 2 calls more this morning where the favorites are (lol)

seems that dahua prepare themself to be removed from google playstore...
have to look more into it, but hikvision already implemented their own push service over amazon server which seems also only to work with account

sadly gDMSS is still the better app, but lack of some features which are now in DMSS , also DMSS is faster when open a stream :(

doorbell users can use imou app now. the benefit from using the dahua app was that you doesnt need an account, it worked over VPN with local device , @Holbs not amused :)
My DMSS app is 100% perfect! Unless it magically updates on it's own, it will remain current version. I best save the installation file for future use. If for some reason I am forced to use LOGIN at some cloud, there goes my mobile app + VTO use.

Reaction score
My DMSS app is 100% perfect! Unless it magically updates on it's own, it will remain current version. I best save the installation file for future use. If for some reason I am forced to use LOGIN at some cloud, there goes my mobile app + VTO use.
crap. It did update to 1.96.001 and wants to update to .002
Yea, I'll find the 1.95 somewhere (anyone have link?) and turn off auto-updates.

JK747

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Every brand would like to collect audience/prospect/customer/app usage data. As long as the collection process complies with GDPR , CCPA and other regulations in force in your territory this is not illegal.
Sometimes the pressure to get ever more data is eating up all developer capacity, so there is no time to do what really matters for us (UI/UX,features
and bug fixes).

The above sometime means reduced functionality if you are not willing to share personal identifiable information with the brand. ( e.g. email id sign up for cloud service XYZ).

The data maybe used to help ourselves, on the other hand if this trend continues, "the cloud" can control which hardware is obsolete and move us to all sorts of subscription models for further $$$ monetization.
You only need to google for the keyword "TPM" and registry then you know what the 10.000 Lb gorilla is doing with your slightly older laptop/desktop hardware through "cloud". Now you get to see a trend.

I would expect our camera vendor to keep doing what is in the interest of us ,the consumers, so we can become lifetime customers instead of having
to switch to the competition.

Just my $0.02 ....

Reaction score
Every brand would like to collect audience/prospect/customer/app usage data. As long as the collection process complies with GDPR , CCPA and other regulations in force in your territory this is not illegal.
Sometimes the pressure to get ever more data is eating up all developer capacity, so there is no time to do what really matters for us (UI/UX,features
and bug fixes).

The above sometime means reduced functionality if you are not willing to share personal identifiable information with the brand. ( e.g. email id sign up for cloud service XYZ).

The data maybe used to help ourselves, on the other hand if this trend continues, "the cloud" can control which hardware is obsolete and move us to all sorts of subscription models for further $$$ monetization.
You only need to google for the keyword "TPM" and registry then you know what the 10.000 Lb gorilla is doing with your slightly older laptop/desktop hardware through "cloud". Now you get to see a trend.

I would expect our camera vendor to keep doing what is in the interest of us ,the consumers, so we can become lifetime customers instead of having
to switch to the competition.

Just my $0.02 ....
not sure why having my first & last name with home address and email = bug fixes.
Quite simply...Dahua (and all other analytical data capture vendors) just want our info to create a database so when aliens invade, they know who and where we are!