DMSS and it's bugs - it drives me crazy!

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
all inbound ports are blocked, all Dahua domains associated with P2P are blocked in PiHole and only allow outbound ports for email and notifications.
you have to allow apple ports for push notifications in firewall..

but sure .. if it worked before its mostly dmss/dahua problem

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
you have to allow apple ports for push notifications in firewall..

but sure .. if it worked before its mostly dmss/dahua problem
@user8963 - yes, ports for Apple notifications are open in firewall. Agree with you that it is a Dahua issue as it was working fine until I updated DMSS.

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, I've been following along with this thread. I am left wondering if NVR5208-8P-4KS2E is a good choice for a new installation? Aside from DMSS issues, is this NVR a decent choice? Is there a NVR that works well with Dahua cameras that is a clear winner, (aside from Blue Iris)?

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just my input....
I have a Dahua XVR 7208 I2 and a NVR 5216. No problems with DMSS notifications (IVS/SMD) on my Android Redmi Note 8 pro.

istyle0978

n3wb
Reaction score
The inability to switch to preset views (in DMSS) is a huge disappoint and takes away one of the key function of the PTZ camera. I had tried to reach out to Andy in 2020, and he had asked me to sign in and out of the account, as well as reinstall the app. The fact that he responded with those steps made me believe that others are able to make preset work?

IPCamer

n3wb
Reaction score
@istyle0978
Just verified in DMSS if I can change to my predefined presets of a PTZ with a little help from this video. It is not the easiest way of changing preset's , but it does work.

preset.JPG

Last edited:

istyle0978

n3wb
Reaction score
@istyle0978
Just verified in DMSS if I can change to my predefined presets of a PTZ with a little help from this video. It is not the easiest way of changing preset's , but it does work.

View attachment 101456
Hey IPCamer, tks for the reply. You know, i was able to use the preset (I had bought the camera with non-tracking firmware). After getting the camera with the tracking FW, the preset doesn’t work on DMSS app. BUT, it does work via web and Windows program.

So do you have the tracking FW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IPCamer

n3wb
Reaction score
@istyle0978
Alright , with the information you provided I thought you where pointing to the general function of selecting presets of a PTZ Cam. I don't have any "auto track" capable PTZ nor do I have any experience with the "auto tracking" functionality, so can not comment on its behavior in DMSS.

istyle0978

n3wb
Reaction score
@IPCamer
Thanks anyway. I was hoping that I have finally found someone with a solution. Hope others can share their experience with using presets in DMSS app. So we are seeing the same problem, when trying to switch to a preset, the app shows the error message "Device does not support the function."

Photo Sep 13, 9 12 58 AM.png

Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY
Are you able to help out? Thanks a lot.
I forgot about my new toy of VPN always on :) I added my PTZ. I was able to do the presets AOK with the 4 image instructions mentioned above (didn't know this was a DMSS option..handy!).
Are you using the latest/greatest DMSS? I am using v1.94.000 build date 2021.08.21

istyle0978

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I’m on the same app version. Could it be the FW of the SD4?

This is what I have.
2.800.1341000.0.R
Build: 2020-03-12

I was told I can’t upgrade the FW, as it will remove the auto tracking function.

image-2021-09-13-09:33:31-175.jpg

Reaction score
Yes, I’m on the same app version. Could it be the FW of the SD4?

This is what I have.
2.800.1341000.0.R
Build: 2020-03-12

I was told I can’t upgrade the FW, as it will remove the auto tracking function.

View attachment 101523

I assume you would have the same firmware as I do. Have you hooked up a wire shark troubleshooting application to see what happens between the app and the PTZ?

istyle0978

n3wb
Reaction score
I assume you would have the same firmware as I do. Have you hooked up a wire shark troubleshooting application to see what happens between the app and the PTZ?
Thanks for all the tips man. TBH, I don't know what a wireshark is and am probably not technical enough to diagnose with it. :facepalm: