Discussion about Hikvision

crist121

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guy's!
someone's message.
Please can someone give me some direction, as I am tearing my hair out trying to get a camera installed onto my mothers NVR.

Backstory - I have purchased my mother an old NVR from ebay, the DS-7604NI-SE/P which is an older 4 chan NVR which I think should suit her needs which are to run 3 cameras 24/7.
At the time of purchase, I also bought some Chinese knock-off Chinese 5MP ColorVu cameras, (which are surprisingly good). I have connected these cameras to the NVR without any issue, using ONVIF protocol. They work completely fine.
The NVR has been updated to V2.3.12 160622 which I believe to be the latest.

Now for the third camera, (the issue) we bought an Annke l51dm from Amazon, its a basic camera but should suit the basic requirements.

I cant for the life of me get this camera to work with the NVR.

Things I have tried:
Powering the camera through POE adapter, I can browse the config page, view the camera feed, its all working fine via browser, or via VLC stream on the rtsp feed.
I have set the camera to use H264 encoding only,** spam link removed **disabled the H264+ extras, changed to video only @ 720p (to test if it was using an unsupported res). I have set the

I have attempted to use ONVIF protocol and also setup a custom feed protocol using the parameters within the rtsp stream that works on VLC.
None work, and all state camera is disconnected.
The weird thing is that when set to protocol, after a while the camera model, serial, and firmware are shown within the NVR, however it still says the camera is disconnected, and wont show the video stream. -This is the correct model and serial etc, so its certainly communicating.

I have messed around with IP, the camera is using 192.168.254.8 which is within the range set by the NVR, and is within the range that the other cameras are using.
I have set it to DHCP, set it to static @ above address, as well as others.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have attempted to use ONVIF protocol, Hikvision, and also setup a custom feed protocol using the parameters within the rtsp stream that works on VLC.
None work, and all state camera is disconnected.
I've not seen that specific model - but if its like similar models you need to Enable ONVIF, and add an ONVIF user.
This from an Annke I51DF -

1638535313419.png

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
I've not seen that specific model - but if its like similar models you need to Enable ONVIF, and add an ONVIF user.
This from an Annke I51DF -

View attachment 110642
in theory you dont have to.

annke c500 is a rebranded HiLook series model. Annke only change logos.

should be this one
turret IPC-T250H

or dome HiLook IPC-D150H-M

If the camera is factory default, it should be just connected to the nvr and the nvr will initiale it.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
in theory you dont have to.
Sure.
But @crist121 has already tried the Hikvision protocol and it's not working properly.
It's an old NVR - with very old firmware - an increased chance of a compatibility problem.
Which is why ONVIF as a fallback is worth trying.

annke c500 is a rebranded HiLook series model. Annke only change logos.
There are quite a few models in the Annke I51xx range, with the same casing but different internals, and very little info on the Hikvision equivalent models.
But they do have custom firmware that recognises their OEM status, beyond the changed logo.
I've seen the use of different 'magic numbers' as part of tamper protection / firmware validation, that kicks in when attempting to 'smarten up the features' from the original Annke dumbed-down set.

If the camera is factory default, it should be just connected to the nvr and the nvr will initiale it.
Certainly worth a try - @crist121 didn't mention trying that, though the use of the Hikvision PoE interface IP address range may imply that's been done.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It could be the NVR cannot handle the resolution of the camera and downrezing the camera resolution doesn't necessarily make it compatible.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Y
It could be the NVR cannot handle the resolution of the camera and downrezing the camera resolution doesn't necessarily make it compatible.
You could well be right.
Despite that it's spec'd for 5MP cameras and 20Mbps inbound bandwidth, maybe the aggregate bitrate that's configured is too much.
LAN: 1 RJ-45 10 / 100 / 1000 Mb/s self-adaptive Ethernet interface
PoE: 4 independent 10 / 100 Mb/s PoE Ethernet interfaces
Maximum Input Bandwidth 20 Mb/s
Maximum Output Bandwidth: 60 Mb/s
@crist121 - maybe re-test the Annke camera with one or more of the Chinese ONVIF cameras disconnected.