Discontinuing language solutions

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All

Due to a change in personal circumstances I'll shortly be discontinuing providing patched language firmware solutions.

I did consider making that effective immediately but as I've been contacted by a number of people who wanted to check I had a solution available before they made a purchase, I've decided to provide 2 weeks notice so I don't leave someone without a solution they were relying on.

(FYI I might not be around much between 16 April - 21 April).

After Sunday 26 April 2015 my forum PMs and associated mail address should be considered to be unmonitored.

I'd like to say thanks very much to the vast majority of people I've had the pleasure to assist and spoken with over the last year or so.

Kind Regards

CBX

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Due to a change in personal circumstances
I hope that this 'change' will be one for the better.

I'd like to thank you for your help / assistance / hand holding and patience that you have given me when fixing my language problems
with my uncommon Hikvision devices (and even more so when I tried to be clever and managed to make one of them unreachable) despite my old router going into sulk mode.

Despite what some people have recently posted ... your services to us mere mortals has been priceless and worth more than the few beer
vouchers you have taken in exchange.

I wish you every success for the future.

TD22057

n3wb
Reaction score
It would be a great help to the community if you would open source your solutions. These problems are only going to continue and people need help with them. Since you've clearly done some great work in this area and helped a lot of people, it's important that this knowledge isn't lost.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I really appreciate the help you've given me CBX. I think you're a decent chap too. Live long and prosper brother.

Reactions: CBX

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Travelling to China between those dates? :p

nah in all seriousness, thanks for the assistance and time spent with me on a dodgy firmware camera a few months back. I wish you all the best for the future :)

jordan

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a shame to hear as Tom has always been so helpful dealing with people and helping them out, what he has done is help. not rip people off like some people think.

I would like to wish you all the best in your choosen path Tom,

Maybe a parting gift to all would nice touch lol.

soulja

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very very sad News. Thanks for everthing CBX. Now with 5.3.0 we would need YOU the most!

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You will be missed for sure CBX. Last year you sent me the fix for five of my Hik's from China and all are still working great after firmware updates. I wish you luck in your future endeavors. Take care.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Lets just hope Hikvision didn't hire him because then nobody will ever hack the cams effectively again!! :)

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
+1
This is a shame to hear as Tom has always been so helpful dealing with people and helping them out, what he has done is help. not rip peopke off like some people think.

I would like to wish you all the best in your choosen path Tom,

Maybe a parting gift to all would nice touch lol.
No good deed goes unpunished? :D
Thank you kind sir for sharing your knowledge and skills. it's been an honor.

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words all.

A few people have recently simply sent money without checking with me first - please don't do that as I am discontinuing services at midnight Sunday 23:59 UTC+1.

The last thing I want to do is go off into the sunset haven taken money for something I didn't provide.

Thanks

CBX

naserum

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you CBX for helping me , I wish you all the best.
Good luck

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All

From this point forward I am no longer providing solutions for Hikvision products.

My forum PMs and associated mail address should be considered to be unmonitored.

I've had a few issues with people making silly claims about me or even pretending to be me (email addresses 1 letter different than mine etc). I don't intend to come back or post in the future - but should that change I can prove I am really CBX if needed.

All the confidentiality I agreed to with various people I worked with still holds of course.

Anyway, thanks for all the kind comments - all the best :)

CBX

vaysala

n3wb
Reaction score
hello i have a DS-7108N-SN/P with firmware in englis, and now i shopp the camera DS-2CD3310D-I the problem is a camera only have firmware in chinese and i tray to add camera in nvr send error Lenguaje Mitmatch

lobito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank for all your help Tom!

i was using your 5.20 patch and region changer and buying 10 license from you
5 license for future new cameras . My new 4 cameras need still region changed
to work with NVR v3.0.15 . Is there any chance to contact you to finish this
contract? Your Email looks unmonitored too.

Thanks
Lobo

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank for all your help Tom!

i was using your 5.20 patch and region changer and buying 10 license from you
5 license for future new cameras . My new 4 cameras need still region changed
to work with NVR v3.0.15 . Is there any chance to contact you to finish this
contract? Your Email looks unmonitored too.

Thanks
Lobo
Yikes 10 licences... and Tom has disappeared.

Start a new post... put your full details of what's going wrong on there and one of the guys here will help you get your NVR and cameras working together... for free! (or for a thanks).

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Contact Tom via his PayPal account email hopefully he will reply to you that way.

If not, do as @Del Boy said and post the camera information in a new post and let's see what we can do to help you.

lobito

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks a lot! i figured out and was sending him something through his paypal email. I am just wait and hope.