DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.1.R.200319.zip

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try clearing your cache?
Yes. I also tried from multiple computers. I have this issue on 4 NVR's now. 2 NVR608-64-4KS2 and 2 NVR5432-16p-4KS2 units. Everything else seems to work fine. I have noticed the v4 web GUI's are somewhat junk. They are not consistent with the local access. For example. The Smart Plan options show up wrong via the web gui but they are correct with local access. Hopefully they get NVR firmwares a little more consistent with future updates.

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not Sure what you mean by smart plan options showing up wrong. I have not noticed anything but can you please clarify?

highground

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like V2. But no promises... at the moment I feel that these firmware are a mess.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not Sure what you mean by smart plan options showing up wrong. I have not noticed anything but can you please clarify?
You can see in the picture of the Screen connected locally to the NVR there are 5 options that all say the correct thing when you hover the mouse above them where the picture of the screen that is logged in via web shows 4 options and it thinks that Video Structurization is Human Body Detection. Channel D1 is an IPC-HFW7442H-Z4 camera.

Attachments

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
My NVR sticker doesn't give a version number. The current firmware doesn't display the version number. So how am I to know which version I have? Config tool gives the build date, so maybe that could be a hint. After reading about all of the Dahua NVRs stuck in boot loops, I pretty afraid to try changing the firmware. Dahua really screwed this one up, IMO. Should have given V2 a new model number.
Sticker-5216_2.jpg

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can see in the picture of the Screen connected locally to the NVR there are 5 options that all say the correct thing when you hover the mouse above them where the picture of the screen that is logged in via web shows 4 options and it thinks that Video Structurization is Human Body Detection. Channel D1 is an IPC-HFW7442H-Z4 camera.
Ok I see now. Unfortunately my cameras do not have all the Ai features that yours do so those options are not available to me.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
V1/V2 are not about Version but series - 4xxx-4KS2/5xxx-4KS2 - this S2 at the end means series 2.
In the past there was 4xxx-4K line (without S2) and for this line there is no upgrade to 4.0 firmware...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
V1/V2 are not about Version but series - 4xxx-4KS2/5xxx-4KS2 - this S2 at the end means series 2.
In the past there was 4xxx-4K line (without S2) and for this line there is no upgrade to 4.0 firmware...
That sure doesn't mesh with Andy's comments in this thread DaHua NVR5216-16P-4KS2 firmware upgrade questions.:
I just finish the updating on my NVR5216-4ks2 V1 made in 2017 and NVR5216-16P-4KS2 made in 2017
they changed the hardware of the chips, normally we put the V2 on the NVR label
It sounds like the hardware change came when epoe was added to the NVRs. In the NVRs with built-in POE, v1 is without epoe and v2 is with epoe. With the non-poe NVRs telling which you have sounds like a guessing game.

sco1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 5216-4KS2-V2
I've upgraded to the DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.1.R.200319.zip firware, and noticed that a config setting is not saved after a reboot.

After flashing, I've done a master reset and re-loaded my pre-saved config back in. On initial looks, everything looked OK, but I noticed after day 1 , my email notifications stopped. On looking into it, my IVS rules, had their email tickbox unselected. I reselected it and everything started working again. The next day, it stopped, again I checked the IVS rule and the tickboxes were un-selected again. I have my NVR to reboot automatically, this is why it resets the setting.
On finding the issue, if i perform a manual reset it does the same. There may be other settings that are not saving correctly, this is the only one i've noticed so far.

I've also tried , re-flashing, and perform a master reset and set the box up from scratch with 1 camera and 1 IVS rule , it does the same.

Any ideas ? or is it a bug

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a 5216-4KS2-V2
I've upgraded to the DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.1.R.200319.zip firware, and noticed that a config setting is not saved after a reboot.

After flashing, I've done a master reset and re-loaded my pre-saved config back in. On initial looks, everything looked OK, but I noticed after day 1 , my email notifications stopped. On looking into it, my IVS rules, had their email tickbox unselected. I reselected it and everything started working again. The next day, it stopped, again I checked the IVS rule and the tickboxes were un-selected again. I have my NVR to reboot automatically, this is why it resets the setting.
On finding the issue, if i perform a manual reset it does the same. There may be other settings that are not saving correctly, this is the only one i've noticed so far.

I've also tried , re-flashing, and perform a master reset and set the box up from scratch with 1 camera and 1 IVS rule , it does the same.

Any ideas ? or is it a bug
From my own experience: what you see in the NVR IVS settings (eg mail) is not correct. How to be sure? Use the top-left menu - choose "Camera's" and press the IE icon to login to your individual camera. Go there into settings - events - IVS. And is that mail ticked? On my cams it was, but on the NVR it wasn't. If you then tick the box on the NVR, it "unticks" on the camera. Really strange. I gave up, I did a fancy reset of both NVR and Camera, and did setup all my camera's individually on their own settings page (I know, was quite some work), but I never touch these (mini)settings on the NVR anymore.

Hope this helps!
CC

sco1

n3wb
Reaction score
From my own experience: what you see in the NVR IVS settings (eg mail) is not correct. How to be sure? Use the top-left menu - choose "Camera's" and press the IE icon to login to your individual camera. Go there into settings - events - IVS. And is that mail ticked? On my cams it was, but on the NVR it wasn't. If you then tick the box on the NVR, it "unticks" on the camera. Really strange. I gave up, I did a fancy reset of both NVR and Camera, and did setup all my camera's individually on their own settings page (I know, was quite some work), but I never touch these (mini)settings on the NVR anymore.

Hope this helps!
CC
yeh, I did notice that some settings did not merge between the cam and the NVR.
If the push notification worked correctly to the iDMSS app, then i would not use the email. I get push notifications, but they only appear in the iDMSS app if you click on them on the phone.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
yeh, I did notice that some settings did not merge between the cam and the NVR.
If the push notification worked correctly to the iDMSS app, then i would not use the email. I get push notifications, but they only appear in the iDMSS app if you click on them on the phone.
That should not happen. Did you verify the notification permissions on the iDMSS app?

sco1

n3wb
Reaction score
That should not happen. Did you verify the notification permissions on the iDMSS app?
Yep. All is ok with the permissions. I get the notification ( IOS ) , but i never get alarm entry within the app , unless I actually click on the notification, it then opens the app, and I can view it. It is only when i do this , the alarm entry is stored on the app

Bl4ckviper

n3wb
Reaction score
How can i know for certain I got a V2?

I have a DHI-NVR5208-8P-4KS2E is S2E version 2?
Because hardware version says V1.0

Bought from Andy feb 2019.

Attachments

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Look like a big update after reading the release note ....

mazut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Someone has NVR5816-16P-4KS2E and flash new FW? According info on www dahua there is no 2.0 version for this model..

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
First glance at the release notes looks like they did a nice job with it. I have 2 questions about it:

1. The notes say: Product model NVR 5xxx-4ks2 Series
Does this mean there's no V1 vs. V2 issue with this firmware?

2. Can anybody decode this for me?:
5 Compatibility
This new baseline version is based on the version of Security Baseline 2.1, and it can be rolled back to the
versions after Security Baseline 1.4, but cannot be rolled back to a version prior to Security Baseline 1.4.
Software Environment .