DH-SD50432XA-HNR is it good?

IAY

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thinking of buying the subject but not sure if it has an autotracking function. On one hand I read that it does, on the other hand one of the threads here tells that it depends on frimware.

Could anyone indicate me the source where I can find the information?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That camera places 4MP on the same sensor as a 2MP, so it will be blind at night and needs twice the amount of light at night than the 2MP.

A better bet would be the 2MP 49225 PTZ or if you want 4MP then SD5A425XA-HNR.

If you purchase from @EMPIRETECANDY a trusted member here then you will get autotracking. Here are links to his Amazon and AliExpress store fronts:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

IAY

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear wittaj and EMPIRETECANDY,

What you say sounds most sensible. However, it is not so easy to buy SD5A425XA-HNR in Russia. On the other hand, SD50432XA-HNR is very easy to buy and it costs not so much, around $500.

Also, I am afraid SD5A425XA-HNR is much more visible when panning and tilting than a dome.

But I will think your proposal over. Many thanx!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But if the one you want doesn't have infrared, it will not be able to see anything at night. You would be amazed how much light these things need to see in color at night.

IAY

n3wb
Reaction score
But if the one you want doesn't have infrared, it will not be able to see anything at night. You would be amazed how much light these things need to see in color at night.
Yeah, unfortunately I know. The camera I am planning to install is to replace the old one which is very old.