Detection FOV Limit?

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Problem:
I have been trying to figure out why my camera's (I've had a Hik 2032 and now a Dahua in this location in 1080P Mode) will not pick up motion when someone comes up from the left (Camera POV) of the camera's FOV until the person hits the middle of my walk way. I have a Hot spot there, Reject is off, buffer is at 20, and make time is .7 but it really doesn't matter what I do, no adjustment makes any difference. So Now I'm thinking this may be a BI problem. When I get a chance I will post a picture of what I'm talking about.

Question:
Is there a FOV motion limit in BI? In other words does BI have problem detecting motion at the FOV edges?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BI treats the entire image the same..disable the hotspot and test with the standard motion settings...keep the sliders to the left..what the cameras frame rate set to? if you are using direct to disc read below..match the iframes in your camera to the fps..and you may need to increase the pretrigger buffer.
Where this technology will be invaluable is for the recording of HD and larger frame video, as recompressing these formats is highly CPU-intensive. The down-side to using direct-to-disc is that you will not be able to add graphic and time overlays such as the time-stamp. You will need to rely upon the camera to add these itself. Also, recording must begin at the arrival of a key-frame (complete image). If your camera sends these only infrequently, you may miss the beginning of some motion-activated recordings unless you also use the pre-trigger video buffer.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FPS set at 12; iFrame 12 (I've also tried 24) The hot spot actually did not change anything. Sliders all the way to the left makes no difference then if on the right. (Although I pickup all motion on the right side of the FOV, including headlights bugs.. etc..)

It's interesting because when motion takes place on the right side (The majority of the camera area), everything works well. It's only when people come from the left side. (It will help when I get a picture up)

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so here is the picture of where the camera always catches the motion, this was the first frame of today's delivery, and she came from the left side. The red directional arrows is the problem path, the green arrows always triggers. The camera's also does not pick up motion on the far right neighbors sidewalk either.

Attachments

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh, and I should mention she is a slow mover..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is strange...disable direct to disc and test it...you might also try deleting the camera and readding it..

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea, I have already tried the delete and re-add trick. I guess I will try the shuting down of d2d, but I have my doubts about it. The reason why I think there is a problem with BI is because 2 camera's (different MFG's) have the exact same problem.

I'm wondering if the 2 outer house walls are causing a detection problem with BI.......

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BI, has no way of knowing where any walls are...it simply detects changes to the pixels...try changing your pretrigger to 24 (double your frame rate)

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you set the area of detection in the camera? My DaHua IPC-HFW2300R-Z/VF, by default, only detects an area in the center of the framed picture unless you change it. Just a thought. Set the camera first and then BI.... Good luck!

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try watching the Motion/Trigger tab and watch the sense/motion/trigger graphic while someone walks the same path. See how different settings change how the motion sense responds. May give a clue to the problem. Also noticed you have highlight and rectangles selected. Maybe try turning this off, moving the sliders all the ay to the left and removing any masks and hot spots.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you set the area of detection in the camera? My DaHua IPC-HFW2300R-Z/VF, by default, only detects an area in the center of the framed picture unless you change it. Just a thought. Set the camera first and then BI.... Good luck!
I did not know about that., but BI is doing it's own motion proccessing right?, so it shouldn't matter I would think.... I don't even have motion active on the camera. Where am I looking for this setting?

Try watching the Motion/Trigger tab and watch the sense/motion/trigger graphic while someone walks the same path. See how different settings change how the motion sense responds. May give a clue to the problem. Also noticed you have highlight and rectangles selected. Maybe try turning this off, moving the sliders all the ay to the left and removing any masks and hot spots.
I just had that active so I could do some testing. My next step is I guess to setup the camera's motion system and have the camera to record the footage to see where the camera's motion system triggers. I don't know...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The cameras motion detection has nothing to do with BI...

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know, but I need to see if the camera's motion system has the same effect. I don't know of any other way to diagnose this problem, as it seems nothing I do in BI makes any difference across 2 camera's.. I'm at a loss right now.. Oh and what do you think of the image quality of the above picture? Doest look good to me.