Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can do all that with the settings in the cam.
192.168.1.108 is the default IP, admin/admin is the default login.
Use config tool that came on the cd in the package.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can also visit the link in my signature; the post contains setup tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigLarge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can someone help with with the IR and/or other night setting with this cam? I just received 4 of them (from Andy, super fast/easy) and setup one temporarily outside. Daytime everything looks great, but at night the IR completely washes out any persons between 50 and 5 feet from the camera. People are literally while blobs! Also, I noticed i'm getting "streaking" with moving people. Finally, the bugs flooding the IR are terrible (i live in the country)!!!!!

I'm assuming the experts here already know what im referring to, but I have a video/picture I can upload if theres any confusion.

Thanks

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can someone help with with the IR and/or other night setting with this cam? I just received 4 of them (from Andy, super fast/easy) and setup one temporarily outside. Daytime everything looks great, but at night the IR completely washes out any persons between 50 and 5 feet from the camera. People are literally while blobs! Also, I noticed i'm getting "streaking" with moving people. Finally, the bugs flooding the IR are terrible (i live in the country)!!!!!

I'm assuming the experts here already know what im referring to, but I have a video/picture I can upload if theres any confusion.

Thanks
Turn on Smart IR. It's probably set to "on" and at max setting all the time.

Reaction score
Nayr,

Thanks for this recommendation. I purchased several from Andy. Help out my poor failing memory. Did I not see somewhere in this thread that you said the camera could be setup to livestream directly to YouTube? Without a separate encoder?

Thanks,

Mike

BigLarge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Turn on Smart IR. It's probably set to "on" and at max setting all the time.
Smart IR is on. Its functioning, because when you get about 5 feet away from the cam you can see it adjusting to lower levels.

Picture - Factory Settings
Exposure - Factory Settinga
Backlight - Off
WB - Auto
iR Light - SmartIR

ABs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post. Thanks nayr for the info, you educated an IT guy in the world of IP cameras.

Just baught 3 IPC-HDW5231R-ZE from [U][COLOR=#0066cc]@EMPIRETECANDY[/COLOR][/U] and have a quick question.

Is it possible to set the recording of the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE to record to SD card. Then schedule a backup from SD to a NAS box?

I have a QNAP nas and dont want to burden it with motion recording ever so often.

Thanks,
ABs

DeejayT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody, i have a problem with the HDW5231R-Z. I have at night due the flys and mosquitoes very many recordings. I want to monitor our yard. Is it possible to change the sensibility?

greetings from germany

ewc1111

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi DeejayT, try it with tripwire or intrusion or both. This works best for me.
I have no more false alarms.

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can someone help to provide the best settings for my camera to best capture as much detail from a passing car. I know I won't get license plate or perfection, but I'm on a residential street, 25MPH limit, my camera is mounted on my eve (15' above grade), and street is about 40-50' away. My primary goal would be to capture moving vehicles in hopes of getting a solid description in case anything would happen in neighborhood/my house.

Specifically FPS and I Frame, From learning at this forum, was advised to keep FPS and iFrame the same.
Also any other settings that I'm missing (I'm also using Blue Iris as a DVR). I've read keeping the camera set to B&W all the time will improve quality? True.

My other settings are:
IR - SmartIR
Mode - Color
WB - Auto
Backlight - OFF
Exposure - Outdoor, Auto

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Zoom in somewhat closer.
See if increased Bitrate looks better to you.
At night, you will need plenty of light on the street to get a full description.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
In the day, a higher frame rate might help, however, it will make it worse at night.

Also, try maxing out the bit rate.

Another thing you could try, although I don't know what the result will be as I've only used other cameras (photographic, action, dash), is to increase the i frame interval. This should effectively be like increasing the bit rate as the i frame is the full frame from which the other frame are referenced, so is the biggest file. Less i frames might = less compression on the other frames. The downside maybe unforeseen issues with too much change between i frames resulting in the opposite ie larger frames between the i frame actually making the picture more compressed and worse. I'm guessing with that one you'd need to play about and assess the sweet point for picture quality.