Dahua SD5A432GB-HNR 4MP 32x Zoom PTZ ?

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a review out for this ptz or one that is similar in stats? I see these priced at around 700 to 850.
I have a 5442-Z4E and thinking about installing a ptz in its place.
It covers a dark wide area.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is the 25x zoom version:

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
is the ptz mentioned above using the latest tech as far as sensor and tracking is concerned?
-night time images and build quality, compared to my 5442e-z4e, is it on par or better?
the 32x zoom model, is this a newer product? or just more expensive
I haven't been following cam models in a while now, so I'm out of touch, except I think 4mp is still the sweet spot.
the review above is from 2020, and I see newish posts in that thread, so I assume it is still a relevant model in todays standards.
Thanks wittaj -

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Similar to the 5442 series, this PTZ is still considered the sweet spot king of the PTZs and is the most recommended model now that the 49225 doesn't have autotracking (it was a sub $400 model). Or you could go to the $2,000 model LOL.

I think the only difference is the amount of zoom.

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
SD5A425GA-HNR vs. XA model ? GA is newer with auto tracking 3.0 < ?

Have PayPal will travel - HEY Andeeeeeee ! I missed the sale, I need this camera..
@EMPIRETECANDY

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind when looking at PTZ cameras is generally the higher the optical zoom the narrower the fully zoomed out view will be. I have the 25x Dahua SD49225XA-HNR and the zoomed out view is considerably narrower than my fixed cams. So I suggest checking the stats on the camera before ordering so you know what sort of FoV you can expect or you could also have fixed spotter cams covering the same area. The other benefit of having the spotter cams is you can configure your system so that when a spotter cam triggers it will move your PTZ to a specific preset, this will considerably increase the functionality and coverage of your PTZ. Additionally I have noticed that my PTZ doesn't like being at max zoom in, it tends to have the worst focus and other such visual limitations at maxed out zoom levels, even having it zoomed to 24x instead of 25x makes a difference, just my 2 cents.