Dahua SD49225XA-HNR Auto Tracking Enabled Firmware.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking in the Dahua Forum for a WiFi camera I didn't find much so I figured Id just post here as usual. I went to the Dahua web site and a product matrix selection came up with one camera

DH-IPC-HFW1435SN-W-S2. It didn't come up on Amazon but a N41 BD12-W did. Needless to say if Im buying a Dahua cam it'll be from Andy. Probably any cam. The CAM location is the far corner of my backyard I have power but not POE. I had an Amcrest running to a TP-Link Bridge for about a year but it's gone sideways. It WAS solid.

Someone please throw me a bone. What WIFI 12 VDC Bullet Cam do I buy? Let's say under $200

Snacx
Luke

.View attachment 109424
You can make any camera wireless. Wifi totally blows for any surveillance cam. Purchase your cam of choice, then purchase a pair of these. Mount one on the fence, and one on the house.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have an old Asus router, RT-AC68 and I use that to make a camera wireless for testing.

nzlte4g

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua SD49225-xa-HNR is still king in the PTZ world for performance and budget.
Hi There Pal,

I live all the way over in new zealand and have purchased one of these cameras for the auto tracking capabilities but the security wholesaler i brought it from is unable to help with the firmware, the dropbox link you have previously shared has been deleted i was just wondering if you might be kind enough to share the firmware with me and also do you ship to new zealand :)
thanks in advance

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi. I am having a problem with the idle motion timer in this camera. I have it set to jump to preset 1 after 10 minutes, but it doesn't seem to do that. This is in the PTZ function menu.

What usually happens is one of the other cameras may trigger the PTZ to jump to preset 3 to capture something (via BlueIris command), but then it never goes back to preset 1.

I am running V2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-12, which came with it when I bought it from Andy. It seems to work pretty well except for this annoyance.

Any ideas as to what the problem is?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is not a camera issue, it is a BI issue.

Which version of BI are you on? One of the updates "broke" that ability for some people to have spotter cam trigger the PTZ and send it to a preset and then return when motion is complete - something is keeping the command going to the spotter preset. In the alerts you may have to add a timer for a certain time period and then another command to return it to the original preset.

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm running 5.5.4.2, which I think is the current version. Is their a bug # I should be tracking on this?

I was thinking about working around this using BI commands - I guess I'll have to do it that way if it's really BI causing the problem. The cameras are also fed into Home Assistant for control and status, so I guess I could implement a command there as well. Waiting in BI on trigger reset is a little complicated to solve this. Have others done workarounds, and how were they implemented?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I noticed around 5.4.6.3 is when it started to happen. It still works fine on mine, but I have helped a few here on later versions and it would just stick to the spotter preset after the motion was done. One person simply rolled back to 5.4.6.3 and it started working again. Another person who wanted to stay on current version, we fixed it in the alerts.

When the spotter cam would trigger, in the alerts we added:

Move PTZ to preset X
Wait command for 30,000ms
Move PTZ back to original preset

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I noticed around 5.4.6.3 is when it started to happen. It still works fine on mine, but I have helped a few here on later versions and it would just stick to the spotter preset after the motion was done. One person simply rolled back to 5.4.6.3 and it started working again. Another person who wanted to stay on current version, we fixed it in the alerts.

When the spotter cam would trigger, in the alerts we added:

Move PTZ to preset X
Wait command for 30,000ms
Move PTZ back to original preset

Well, if the PTZ is tracking on a person or car, I'd rather have it keep tracking it rather than jumping back to the preset. That's why the idle motion is the best answer, because if it's tracking it resets the timer. I did find an option in BI that is supposed to restore the PTZ position to the location before the trigger here: Is it possible to return to a camera to preset 1 after a trigger move to preset 2? So I am seeing if that will do the trick.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
True, but the PTZ will only track for so long anyway (I think 300 second IIRC), so you could always put in the max time that it could autotrack. The other member only had his PTZ set to 30 seconds, so that is why we made it 30 seconds.

Let us know if that other method you found works!

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
True, but the PTZ will only track for so long anyway (I think 300 second IIRC), so you could always put in the max time that it could autotrack. The other member only had his PTZ set to 30 seconds, so that is why we made it 30 seconds.

Let us know if that other method you found works!
Seems to be working ok so far. Will see how it does over the next day or so. Lots of activity this morning so I have to wait for a quiet period to see if it works.

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, i have a SD49225xa-hnr:

System Version: V2.810.0000001.3.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-06-08
WEB Version: V3.2.1.905073
ONVIF Version: 19.06(V2.6.1.845389)
PTZ Version: V2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642
Security Baseline Version: V2.1

It doesn't have auto tracking - is it possible to downgrade the FW or to otherwise upload a fw that has auto tracking?

Cheers!

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, i have a SD49225xa-hnr:

System Version: V2.810.0000001.3.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-06-08
WEB Version: V3.2.1.905073
ONVIF Version: 19.06(V2.6.1.845389)
PTZ Version: V2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642
Security Baseline Version: V2.1

It doesn't have auto tracking - is it possible to downgrade the FW or to otherwise upload a fw that has auto tracking?

Cheers!

Here is the firmware to enable Auto Tracking. let me know if you need help setting it up I can do via TeamViewer.

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is the firmware to enable Auto Tracking. let me know if you need help setting it up I can do via TeamViewer.

I am plannig on doing that, i just would like to confirm:

1. It is possible to downgrade the FW?
2. If anything goes wrong, will my Dahua servicer be able to unbrick the camera? It's still under warranty.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am plannig on doing that, i just would like to confirm:

1. It is possible to downgrade the FW?
2. If anything goes wrong, will my Dahua servicer be able to unbrick the camera? It's still under warranty.
As of right now Dahua hasn't implemented blocking the ability to downgrade like some Hikvision models have.

Your Dahua service provider may or may not perform services if you install a firmware that you did not receive from them as that would be considered voiding the warranty. Maybe they do or maybe they don't, but I would lean towards it voiding the warranty. Do keep in mind at some point recently, the chipset of this camera changed, so if this is a newer model, this firmware is not compatible and there is not an autotrack firmware available for the newest builds using the new chipset.